Court rules in favor of condo/yacht club project
Published: January 27,2011
Jourdan River Estates, LLC, owns 269 acres of land in Kiln. In 2008, the group submitted plans to construct 472 condos, a 130-slip yacht club/marina, and other amenities.
The Sea Coast Echo reports the plans were approved by a 3-2 vote of the board of supervisors in 2008.
Landowners Scott Favre and Jefferson Parker had sued to block the development.
The state Court of Appeals Tuesday sided with the local circuit court, which had upheld the board of supervisors’ decision.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point