Court rules in favor of condo/yacht club project
by Associated Press
Published: January 27,2011
Jourdan River Estates, LLC, owns 269 acres of land in Kiln. In 2008, the group submitted plans to construct 472 condos, a 130-slip yacht club/marina, and other amenities.
The Sea Coast Echo reports the plans were approved by a 3-2 vote of the board of supervisors in 2008.
Landowners Scott Favre and Jefferson Parker had sued to block the development.
The state Court of Appeals Tuesday sided with the local circuit court, which had upheld the board of supervisors’ decision.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy