Court rules in favor of condo/yacht club project
Published: January 27,2011
Jourdan River Estates, LLC, owns 269 acres of land in Kiln. In 2008, the group submitted plans to construct 472 condos, a 130-slip yacht club/marina, and other amenities.
The Sea Coast Echo reports the plans were approved by a 3-2 vote of the board of supervisors in 2008.
Landowners Scott Favre and Jefferson Parker had sued to block the development.
The state Court of Appeals Tuesday sided with the local circuit court, which had upheld the board of supervisors’ decision.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force