Court rules in favor of condo/yacht club project
Published: January 27,2011
Jourdan River Estates, LLC, owns 269 acres of land in Kiln. In 2008, the group submitted plans to construct 472 condos, a 130-slip yacht club/marina, and other amenities.
The Sea Coast Echo reports the plans were approved by a 3-2 vote of the board of supervisors in 2008.
Landowners Scott Favre and Jefferson Parker had sued to block the development.
The state Court of Appeals Tuesday sided with the local circuit court, which had upheld the board of supervisors’ decision.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal