ECD changes name to Hope Enterprise Corporation
Published: January 27,2011
JACKSON — Enterprise Corporation of the Delta (ECD) has adopted a new name: Hope Enterprise Corporation. The change, which became effective Jan. 1, reflects the organizations geographic expansion beyond the Delta to other distressed areas in the Mid South and its sponsorship of Hope Credit Union, a community development credit union.
Collectively, the organizations will be branded as HOPE.
In 2000 ECD began working closely with the $400,000, 1,000-member Hope Community Credit Union, ultimately becoming the credit union’s primary sponsor with the intent of enhancing the overlapping mission of both organizations. Today, Hope Federal Credit Union, with approximately $137 million in assets and 27,000 members has become a major vehicle for delivering financial services in the Mid South.
“The name change does not diminish our historic and substantial commitment to the Delta,” said Billy Percy, a Delta businessman and chairman of ECD since its inception.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015