ECD changes name to Hope Enterprise Corporation
Published: January 27,2011
JACKSON — Enterprise Corporation of the Delta (ECD) has adopted a new name: Hope Enterprise Corporation. The change, which became effective Jan. 1, reflects the organizations geographic expansion beyond the Delta to other distressed areas in the Mid South and its sponsorship of Hope Credit Union, a community development credit union.
Collectively, the organizations will be branded as HOPE.
In 2000 ECD began working closely with the $400,000, 1,000-member Hope Community Credit Union, ultimately becoming the credit union’s primary sponsor with the intent of enhancing the overlapping mission of both organizations. Today, Hope Federal Credit Union, with approximately $137 million in assets and 27,000 members has become a major vehicle for delivering financial services in the Mid South.
“The name change does not diminish our historic and substantial commitment to the Delta,” said Billy Percy, a Delta businessman and chairman of ECD since its inception.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House