ECD changes name to Hope Enterprise Corporation
Published: January 27,2011
JACKSON — Enterprise Corporation of the Delta (ECD) has adopted a new name: Hope Enterprise Corporation. The change, which became effective Jan. 1, reflects the organizations geographic expansion beyond the Delta to other distressed areas in the Mid South and its sponsorship of Hope Credit Union, a community development credit union.
Collectively, the organizations will be branded as HOPE.
In 2000 ECD began working closely with the $400,000, 1,000-member Hope Community Credit Union, ultimately becoming the credit union’s primary sponsor with the intent of enhancing the overlapping mission of both organizations. Today, Hope Federal Credit Union, with approximately $137 million in assets and 27,000 members has become a major vehicle for delivering financial services in the Mid South.
“The name change does not diminish our historic and substantial commitment to the Delta,” said Billy Percy, a Delta businessman and chairman of ECD since its inception.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators