ECD changes name to Hope Enterprise Corporation
Published: January 27,2011
JACKSON — Enterprise Corporation of the Delta (ECD) has adopted a new name: Hope Enterprise Corporation. The change, which became effective Jan. 1, reflects the organizations geographic expansion beyond the Delta to other distressed areas in the Mid South and its sponsorship of Hope Credit Union, a community development credit union.
Collectively, the organizations will be branded as HOPE.
In 2000 ECD began working closely with the $400,000, 1,000-member Hope Community Credit Union, ultimately becoming the credit union’s primary sponsor with the intent of enhancing the overlapping mission of both organizations. Today, Hope Federal Credit Union, with approximately $137 million in assets and 27,000 members has become a major vehicle for delivering financial services in the Mid South.
“The name change does not diminish our historic and substantial commitment to the Delta,” said Billy Percy, a Delta businessman and chairman of ECD since its inception.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter