ECD changes name to Hope Enterprise Corporation
Published: January 27,2011
JACKSON — Enterprise Corporation of the Delta (ECD) has adopted a new name: Hope Enterprise Corporation. The change, which became effective Jan. 1, reflects the organizations geographic expansion beyond the Delta to other distressed areas in the Mid South and its sponsorship of Hope Credit Union, a community development credit union.
Collectively, the organizations will be branded as HOPE.
In 2000 ECD began working closely with the $400,000, 1,000-member Hope Community Credit Union, ultimately becoming the credit union’s primary sponsor with the intent of enhancing the overlapping mission of both organizations. Today, Hope Federal Credit Union, with approximately $137 million in assets and 27,000 members has become a major vehicle for delivering financial services in the Mid South.
“The name change does not diminish our historic and substantial commitment to the Delta,” said Billy Percy, a Delta businessman and chairman of ECD since its inception.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun