Mississippi State makes national ranking for research
Published: January 27,2011
STARKVILLE — Mississippi State University is among the nation’s leading major research universities, according to the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.
In the foundation’s latest analysis of American higher education, the state’s largest public institution of higher learning is designated as “a very high research activity university,” which represents the highest level of research activity for doctorate-granting universities in the U.S.
Mississippi State is the only school in the state with the distinction, and one of only 108 nationwide.
In FY 2010, the university secured $201 million in external research funding. In its most recent reporting of academic research and development expenditures (FY 2008), the National Science Foundation ranked Mississippi State 58th among public institutions for total R&D spending. Among all institutions, public and private, the university’s expenditures in agricultural sciences ranked seventh nationally with engineering 34th.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Mississippi State makes national ranking for research”
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters