Mississippi Power chooses name for Kemper plant
GULFPORT — Mississippi Power Co. says its power plant under construction in Kemper County will be named for David M. Ratcliffe, recently retired chairman, president and CEO of Southern Company.
Ratcliffe served as president of Mississippi Power from 1991 to 1995. He started work with Southern Company as a chemist and worked his way up to chief executive at Mississippi Power and then at Southern Company.
He served at the helm of Southern Company for about six years, retiring in 2010 after 39 years of service to the company.
Plant Ratcliffe is scheduled to begin commercial operation in 2014.
The 582-megawatt plant is being built between Highways 493 and 495 near the Liberty community.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Mississippi Power chooses name for Kemper plant”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain