Mississippi Power chooses name for Kemper plant
GULFPORT — Mississippi Power Co. says its power plant under construction in Kemper County will be named for David M. Ratcliffe, recently retired chairman, president and CEO of Southern Company.
Ratcliffe served as president of Mississippi Power from 1991 to 1995. He started work with Southern Company as a chemist and worked his way up to chief executive at Mississippi Power and then at Southern Company.
He served at the helm of Southern Company for about six years, retiring in 2010 after 39 years of service to the company.
Plant Ratcliffe is scheduled to begin commercial operation in 2014.
The 582-megawatt plant is being built between Highways 493 and 495 near the Liberty community.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Mississippi Power chooses name for Kemper plant”
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Study says Nissan subsidies total $1.33B; MDA says overestimated
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Renee Flynt made Craftsmen's Guild president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'
- Nullification and interposition
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections