Mississippi Power chooses name for Kemper plant
GULFPORT — Mississippi Power Co. says its power plant under construction in Kemper County will be named for David M. Ratcliffe, recently retired chairman, president and CEO of Southern Company.
Ratcliffe served as president of Mississippi Power from 1991 to 1995. He started work with Southern Company as a chemist and worked his way up to chief executive at Mississippi Power and then at Southern Company.
He served at the helm of Southern Company for about six years, retiring in 2010 after 39 years of service to the company.
Plant Ratcliffe is scheduled to begin commercial operation in 2014.
The 582-megawatt plant is being built between Highways 493 and 495 near the Liberty community.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Mississippi Power chooses name for Kemper plant”
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation