Mississippi Power chooses name for Kemper plant
GULFPORT — Mississippi Power Co. says its power plant under construction in Kemper County will be named for David M. Ratcliffe, recently retired chairman, president and CEO of Southern Company.
Ratcliffe served as president of Mississippi Power from 1991 to 1995. He started work with Southern Company as a chemist and worked his way up to chief executive at Mississippi Power and then at Southern Company.
He served at the helm of Southern Company for about six years, retiring in 2010 after 39 years of service to the company.
Plant Ratcliffe is scheduled to begin commercial operation in 2014.
The 582-megawatt plant is being built between Highways 493 and 495 near the Liberty community.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Mississippi Power chooses name for Kemper plant”
Top Posts & Pages
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center