Brown reappointed to banking board
Gov. Haley Barbour has announced the re-appointment of Thomas E. Brown of Bay Springs to the State Board of Banking Review for a second five-year term. Brown is presently chairman of the board of Magnolia State Bank.
He has served as president, CEO and chairman of the board for the past 32 years. Brown earned his bachelor’s degree from the University of Southern Mississippi. He is married to the former Barbara Vowell of Taylorsville, and they have three children – Betsy, Tom and Drew.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center