Davidson elected to firm partnership
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 30,2011
Phelps Dunbar, LLP, is pleased to announce that the firm elected Chad A. Davidson to the partnership. Davidson is a member of the firm’s regional business practice group in the Jackson office. His practice is focused primarily in the areas of corporate and commercial transactional law with a particular emphasis in taxation. His tax practice includes matters relating to corporate, partnership and individual federal and state tax as well as representing businesses, individuals and estates in IRS and state tax audits. He also regularly advises clients on federal, state and local tax incentives and credits available to new and expanding companies. Davidson’s commercial transaction practice includes the acquisition, sale and/or merger of on-going businesses through a variety of structures. He also practices in the areas of estate planning and real estate.
Davidson received his LL.M. in taxation in 2003 from the University of Florida and his J.D., magna cum laude, in 2002 from the University of Mississippi, where he was a member of the Mississippi Law Journal. He received a bachelor of accountancy, summa cum laude, from Mississippi State University in 1999.
In addition, Peri H. Alkas, who practices in the firm’s regional insurance and reinsurance practice group in the Houston, Texas office, and Mark W. Jeanfreau, who practices in the firm’s business group in the New Orleans, La., office, were also elected to partnership.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- New shareholders named for Copeland, Cook, Taylor and Bush
- MSU's Gilbert named finalist for Austin Peay presidency
- Communities vie for TVA sustainability designation
- American HealthTech passes Medicare tests
- First Corolla earmarked for export rolls off of Toyota's line