Hood appointed ACHE regent
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 30,2011
Fred B. Hood, administrator of North Mississippi Medical Center-Pontotoc, has been appointed to the Council of Regents, the legislative body of the American College of Healthcare Executives, which serves as the vital link between ACHE and affiliates. The Council of Regents approves governance and membership regulations as well as promotes ACHE programs, services and activities within their respective areas.
Hood will take office at the Council of Regents meeting March 19 during ACHE‚s 54th Congress on Healthcare Leadership at the Hilton Chicago.
As a regent, Hood will represent ACHE’s membership in Mississippi.
Hood has served as administrator of NMMC-Pontotoc since 1990. Prior to this position, he was assistant executive director of Northwest Mississippi Regional Medical Center in Clarksdale.
Hood is a member of the Mississippi Hospital Association, currently serving on MHA’s Committee on Finance and as President, MHA Northeast Hospital Council. He is a member of the Mississippi Health Care Association and is licensed by the Mississippi Board of Nursing Home Administrators. Hood also serves on the board of directors of North Mississippi Emergency Management Authority and the North Mississippi Trauma System. He is a member and past president of Mississippi Healthcare Executives/ACHE, Mid-South Health Care Executives/ACHE and the MHA Quarter Century Executive Forum. Board-certified in healthcare management, Hood is a Fellow in the American College of Healthcare Executives.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions