Mississippi Cottages to go on auction block
by Wally Northway
Published: January 31,2011
PERKINSTON — More than 350 Mississippi Cottages will be auctioned to registered bidders beginning at 9 a.m. Feb. 25 at the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency’s staging area at 346 Beaver Dam Road in Perkinston.
The auction will feature one-, two- and three-bedroom units that are designed in the traditional beach cottage architecture.
The units will be sold in “as is” condition, which varies from slightly damaged to needing multiple improvements. Interested buyers will be able to walk through the cottages prior to auction from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Feb. 21-24 at the staging area.
Pictures of the cottages are online at www.mmaofms.com.
To participate in the auction, each buyer will be required to show a current picture ID, such as a driver’s license. Buyers will also be required to either supply a bank letter of guarantee or a $5,000 deposit of cash or certified funds before registration. No buyer’s premium is required.
Proceeds from the sale of the cottages will be used to continue the operations of the Mississippi Cottage program that is currently helping find viable living options for Hurricane Katrina survivors who still are living in FEMA-provided disaster housing units.
No employees from any Mississippi state agency or university are eligible to participate in this public sale. Per Section 25-4-105(3)(b) of the Mississippi Code, state employees/officers may neither directly nor indirectly participate in this sale or receive property offered in this sale.
For more information, contact Martin & Martin Auctioneers at (601) 450-6200 or www.mmaofms.com.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability