Mississippi Cottages to go on auction block
Published: January 31,2011
PERKINSTON — More than 350 Mississippi Cottages will be auctioned to registered bidders beginning at 9 a.m. Feb. 25 at the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency’s staging area at 346 Beaver Dam Road in Perkinston.
The auction will feature one-, two- and three-bedroom units that are designed in the traditional beach cottage architecture.
The units will be sold in “as is” condition, which varies from slightly damaged to needing multiple improvements. Interested buyers will be able to walk through the cottages prior to auction from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Feb. 21-24 at the staging area.
Pictures of the cottages are online at www.mmaofms.com.
To participate in the auction, each buyer will be required to show a current picture ID, such as a driver’s license. Buyers will also be required to either supply a bank letter of guarantee or a $5,000 deposit of cash or certified funds before registration. No buyer’s premium is required.
Proceeds from the sale of the cottages will be used to continue the operations of the Mississippi Cottage program that is currently helping find viable living options for Hurricane Katrina survivors who still are living in FEMA-provided disaster housing units.
No employees from any Mississippi state agency or university are eligible to participate in this public sale. Per Section 25-4-105(3)(b) of the Mississippi Code, state employees/officers may neither directly nor indirectly participate in this sale or receive property offered in this sale.
For more information, contact Martin & Martin Auctioneers at (601) 450-6200 or www.mmaofms.com.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino