Mississippi Cottages to go on auction block
Published: January 31,2011
PERKINSTON — More than 350 Mississippi Cottages will be auctioned to registered bidders beginning at 9 a.m. Feb. 25 at the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency’s staging area at 346 Beaver Dam Road in Perkinston.
The auction will feature one-, two- and three-bedroom units that are designed in the traditional beach cottage architecture.
The units will be sold in “as is” condition, which varies from slightly damaged to needing multiple improvements. Interested buyers will be able to walk through the cottages prior to auction from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Feb. 21-24 at the staging area.
Pictures of the cottages are online at www.mmaofms.com.
To participate in the auction, each buyer will be required to show a current picture ID, such as a driver’s license. Buyers will also be required to either supply a bank letter of guarantee or a $5,000 deposit of cash or certified funds before registration. No buyer’s premium is required.
Proceeds from the sale of the cottages will be used to continue the operations of the Mississippi Cottage program that is currently helping find viable living options for Hurricane Katrina survivors who still are living in FEMA-provided disaster housing units.
No employees from any Mississippi state agency or university are eligible to participate in this public sale. Per Section 25-4-105(3)(b) of the Mississippi Code, state employees/officers may neither directly nor indirectly participate in this sale or receive property offered in this sale.
For more information, contact Martin & Martin Auctioneers at (601) 450-6200 or www.mmaofms.com.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren