City gets approval for Sunday liquor sales
by Associated Press
Published: February 1,2011
OXFORD — The state has approved limited liquor sales in Oxford on Sundays, beginning with Mother’s Day.
Mayor Pat Patterson tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal that the Mississippi Department of Revenue has approved restaurant sales of wine and liquor on Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, the Sundays nearest University of Mississippi football games and, when they fall on Sunday, Valentine’s Day and New Year’s Eve as well.
Patterson said he was notified Monday of the state’s approval.
The board of aldermen had voted 4-3 Dec. 7 to allow on-premise alcohol sales from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. on those days if approved by the state.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Lost Pizza discovered — Restaurateurs begin franchising
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Keeping our eye on ... Laurel Donahoo
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets