City gets approval for Sunday liquor sales
Published: February 1,2011
OXFORD — The state has approved limited liquor sales in Oxford on Sundays, beginning with Mother’s Day.
Mayor Pat Patterson tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal that the Mississippi Department of Revenue has approved restaurant sales of wine and liquor on Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, the Sundays nearest University of Mississippi football games and, when they fall on Sunday, Valentine’s Day and New Year’s Eve as well.
Patterson said he was notified Monday of the state’s approval.
The board of aldermen had voted 4-3 Dec. 7 to allow on-premise alcohol sales from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. on those days if approved by the state.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- 'Get on Up' movie opens in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet