City gets approval for Sunday liquor sales
Published: February 1,2011
OXFORD — The state has approved limited liquor sales in Oxford on Sundays, beginning with Mother’s Day.
Mayor Pat Patterson tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal that the Mississippi Department of Revenue has approved restaurant sales of wine and liquor on Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, the Sundays nearest University of Mississippi football games and, when they fall on Sunday, Valentine’s Day and New Year’s Eve as well.
Patterson said he was notified Monday of the state’s approval.
The board of aldermen had voted 4-3 Dec. 7 to allow on-premise alcohol sales from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. on those days if approved by the state.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015