City gets approval for Sunday liquor sales
by Associated Press
Published: February 1,2011
OXFORD — The state has approved limited liquor sales in Oxford on Sundays, beginning with Mother’s Day.
Mayor Pat Patterson tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal that the Mississippi Department of Revenue has approved restaurant sales of wine and liquor on Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, the Sundays nearest University of Mississippi football games and, when they fall on Sunday, Valentine’s Day and New Year’s Eve as well.
Patterson said he was notified Monday of the state’s approval.
The board of aldermen had voted 4-3 Dec. 7 to allow on-premise alcohol sales from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. on those days if approved by the state.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- Study says Nissan subsidies total $1.33B; MDA says overestimated
- Nullification and interposition
- Renee Flynt made Craftsmen's Guild president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'