City gets approval for Sunday liquor sales
Published: February 1,2011
OXFORD — The state has approved limited liquor sales in Oxford on Sundays, beginning with Mother’s Day.
Mayor Pat Patterson tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal that the Mississippi Department of Revenue has approved restaurant sales of wine and liquor on Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, the Sundays nearest University of Mississippi football games and, when they fall on Sunday, Valentine’s Day and New Year’s Eve as well.
Patterson said he was notified Monday of the state’s approval.
The board of aldermen had voted 4-3 Dec. 7 to allow on-premise alcohol sales from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. on those days if approved by the state.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center