Dedication ceremony held for renovated Giles Hall
Published: February 1,2011
STARKVILLE — During a Jan. 28 ceremony, Mississippi State University’s College of Architecture, Art, and Design dedicated the newly renovated Giles Hall auditorium in honor of longtime supporters Robert and Freda Harrison.
The Robert and Freda Harrison Auditorium is named for the Madison couple, who have shared a 30-year relationship with Mississippi State and the architecture school.
The auditorium, which seats up to 200 persons, has been a major campus venue for a variety of activities since 1985. Recently a gift from the Harrisons made possible a complete renovation of the auditorium.
Robert Harrison is a retired architect, consultant and founding partner of Jackson-based JH&H Architects. He holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Tulane University in architecture and business administration, respectively. He also completed a master’s in architecture from the University of Florida. Currently a Fellow in the American Institute of Architects, and a Fellow in the Construction Specifications Institute, Harrison is a former national board member with the organizations. He also is a past president of both Mississippi chapters.
Established in 1973, MSU’s undergraduate architecture program includes four years of study on the Starkville campus and a final year in Jackson. As an adjunct faculty member, Harrison was the first teacher for the fifth-year program in Jackson. He also has been a longtime member of the school’s advisory board.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey