Education advisory council releases annual report
JACKSON — Gov. Haley Barbour has presented the State Early Childhood Advisory Council’s Annual Report “Keeping the Course: Mapping the Journey to High Quality for Mississippi’s Early Care and Education System.”
The Council received a $1,685,344 grant from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to continue work to develop a comprehensive early childhood system that will create a seamless delivery of services to children in Mississippi. The executive summary and full report is available online at www.governorbarbour.com/links/earlychildhoodcouncil.html.
The report highlights the activities, accomplishments, and recommendations of the Council resulting from this past year’s work. Recommendations in the report include:
• A career ladder for early care and education teachers
• Alignment of early learning standards for children from birth to four years with K-12 education
• A voluntary registry of family child care providers
• Information packets to parents of newborns to assist them as their children’s first teachers.
In 2008, Barbour established the State Early Childhood Advisory Council to develop a strategic plan to coordinate efforts, programs and resources supporting children from birth to age five and to identify opportunities for and barriers to collaboration and coordination among programs and agencies.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders