Hancock adds two new mutual funds to portfolio
GULFPORT — Hancock Horizon Funds and Hancock Bank have launched two new mutual funds — the Hancock Horizon Louisiana Tax-Free Income Fund and the Hancock Horizon Mississippi Tax-Free Income Fund. As the names imply, both funds’ goals are to seek income exempt from both federal and state specific personal income tax.
Jeffery Tanguis, Hancock’s director of fixed income and funds manager, said, “Finally, there are Louisiana and Mississippi municipal bond funds available that are actually managed by local investment professionals located in those states who have first-hand knowledge of the local economies and credits. We are proud to add these two new funds to the Hancock Horizon Funds’ lineup and think they can be a great investment option for tax-conscious investors in Louisiana and Mississippi seeking an investment that provides both income and tax benefits.”
Having grown from $245 million at its inception in May 2000 to more than $1 billion in assets to date, the Hancock Horizon Funds are one of the largest mutual fund families in Louisiana, Mississippi and the Gulf South region. With the addition of the two new funds, the Hancock Horizon Funds will grow from seven to nine mutual fund options.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Hancock adds two new mutual funds to portfolio”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”