Hancock adds two new mutual funds to portfolio
GULFPORT — Hancock Horizon Funds and Hancock Bank have launched two new mutual funds — the Hancock Horizon Louisiana Tax-Free Income Fund and the Hancock Horizon Mississippi Tax-Free Income Fund. As the names imply, both funds’ goals are to seek income exempt from both federal and state specific personal income tax.
Jeffery Tanguis, Hancock’s director of fixed income and funds manager, said, “Finally, there are Louisiana and Mississippi municipal bond funds available that are actually managed by local investment professionals located in those states who have first-hand knowledge of the local economies and credits. We are proud to add these two new funds to the Hancock Horizon Funds’ lineup and think they can be a great investment option for tax-conscious investors in Louisiana and Mississippi seeking an investment that provides both income and tax benefits.”
Having grown from $245 million at its inception in May 2000 to more than $1 billion in assets to date, the Hancock Horizon Funds are one of the largest mutual fund families in Louisiana, Mississippi and the Gulf South region. With the addition of the two new funds, the Hancock Horizon Funds will grow from seven to nine mutual fund options.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Hancock adds two new mutual funds to portfolio”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Community Bank, Pinnacle Trust ink new agreement