Hancock adds two new mutual funds to portfolio
GULFPORT — Hancock Horizon Funds and Hancock Bank have launched two new mutual funds — the Hancock Horizon Louisiana Tax-Free Income Fund and the Hancock Horizon Mississippi Tax-Free Income Fund. As the names imply, both funds’ goals are to seek income exempt from both federal and state specific personal income tax.
Jeffery Tanguis, Hancock’s director of fixed income and funds manager, said, “Finally, there are Louisiana and Mississippi municipal bond funds available that are actually managed by local investment professionals located in those states who have first-hand knowledge of the local economies and credits. We are proud to add these two new funds to the Hancock Horizon Funds’ lineup and think they can be a great investment option for tax-conscious investors in Louisiana and Mississippi seeking an investment that provides both income and tax benefits.”
Having grown from $245 million at its inception in May 2000 to more than $1 billion in assets to date, the Hancock Horizon Funds are one of the largest mutual fund families in Louisiana, Mississippi and the Gulf South region. With the addition of the two new funds, the Hancock Horizon Funds will grow from seven to nine mutual fund options.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Hancock adds two new mutual funds to portfolio”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- MSU sets new annual fundraising record of $106M-plus