VT Halter lays keel for U.S. research ship
The event was held yesterday at the shipyard in Moss Point.
The USNS Maury Survey Ship will have state-of-the-art survey equipment to undertake oceanographic surveys anywhere in the world.
Navy officials say the $87-million ship will also assist with humanitarian and disaster aid missions.
VT Halter has built six of the original vessels.
The all-steel vessel can carry a 67-person crew.
Bill Skinner, CEO of VT Halter, says it will take about 18 months to complete the ship.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal