Mainland updates merger talks, hires Harding
Mainland Resources Inc. reports it is “rapidly progressing” with the merger agreement previously entered into with American Exploration.
The agreement contemplates a stock-for-stock merger between Mainland and American Exploration. The companies entered into an amending agreement, which has extended the termination date of the merger agreement to March 31, 2011.
As part of its working relationship with American Exploration, Houston, Texas-based has engaged Steven Harding to act as a consulting geologist on its Mississippi Buena Vista project. Harding has occupied a number of senior positions during the past 28 years within EnCana Corporation and its predecessor Alberta Energy, as well as Husky Energy. His experience includes acting as vice president northern Canada and vice president Alaska/MacKenzie Delta at EnCana and chief geoscientist at Husky Energy.
Mainland CEO Nick Atencio said, “The proposed merger is moving ahead as intended. We are fortunate to be able to enlist Steve Harding as part of the team developing our Mississippi interests. Once merged, the combined assets will place Mainland in an enviable position in this region.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force