Mainland updates merger talks, hires Harding
Mainland Resources Inc. reports it is “rapidly progressing” with the merger agreement previously entered into with American Exploration.
The agreement contemplates a stock-for-stock merger between Mainland and American Exploration. The companies entered into an amending agreement, which has extended the termination date of the merger agreement to March 31, 2011.
As part of its working relationship with American Exploration, Houston, Texas-based has engaged Steven Harding to act as a consulting geologist on its Mississippi Buena Vista project. Harding has occupied a number of senior positions during the past 28 years within EnCana Corporation and its predecessor Alberta Energy, as well as Husky Energy. His experience includes acting as vice president northern Canada and vice president Alaska/MacKenzie Delta at EnCana and chief geoscientist at Husky Energy.
Mainland CEO Nick Atencio said, “The proposed merger is moving ahead as intended. We are fortunate to be able to enlist Steve Harding as part of the team developing our Mississippi interests. Once merged, the combined assets will place Mainland in an enviable position in this region.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county