Mainland updates merger talks, hires Harding
Mainland Resources Inc. reports it is “rapidly progressing” with the merger agreement previously entered into with American Exploration.
The agreement contemplates a stock-for-stock merger between Mainland and American Exploration. The companies entered into an amending agreement, which has extended the termination date of the merger agreement to March 31, 2011.
As part of its working relationship with American Exploration, Houston, Texas-based has engaged Steven Harding to act as a consulting geologist on its Mississippi Buena Vista project. Harding has occupied a number of senior positions during the past 28 years within EnCana Corporation and its predecessor Alberta Energy, as well as Husky Energy. His experience includes acting as vice president northern Canada and vice president Alaska/MacKenzie Delta at EnCana and chief geoscientist at Husky Energy.
Mainland CEO Nick Atencio said, “The proposed merger is moving ahead as intended. We are fortunate to be able to enlist Steve Harding as part of the team developing our Mississippi interests. Once merged, the combined assets will place Mainland in an enviable position in this region.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- New shareholders named for Copeland, Cook, Taylor and Bush
- MSU's Gilbert named finalist for Austin Peay presidency
- Communities vie for TVA sustainability designation
- American HealthTech passes Medicare tests
- First Corolla earmarked for export rolls off of Toyota's line