Mainland updates merger talks, hires Harding
Mainland Resources Inc. reports it is “rapidly progressing” with the merger agreement previously entered into with American Exploration.
The agreement contemplates a stock-for-stock merger between Mainland and American Exploration. The companies entered into an amending agreement, which has extended the termination date of the merger agreement to March 31, 2011.
As part of its working relationship with American Exploration, Houston, Texas-based has engaged Steven Harding to act as a consulting geologist on its Mississippi Buena Vista project. Harding has occupied a number of senior positions during the past 28 years within EnCana Corporation and its predecessor Alberta Energy, as well as Husky Energy. His experience includes acting as vice president northern Canada and vice president Alaska/MacKenzie Delta at EnCana and chief geoscientist at Husky Energy.
Mainland CEO Nick Atencio said, “The proposed merger is moving ahead as intended. We are fortunate to be able to enlist Steve Harding as part of the team developing our Mississippi interests. Once merged, the combined assets will place Mainland in an enviable position in this region.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency