SmartSynch launches 3G wireless platform
JACKSON — SmartSynch Inc. has rolled out a communications platform for smart meters that supports 3G wireless technology. The communication platform based on Qualcomm’s 3G technology will enable SmartSynch to offer what it claims is the world’s first integrated, over-the-air application portfolio for the smart grid.
The system is designed to save utilities time and money by giving them greater flexibility and control over the applications they deploy in the field today while also enabling them to use the same platform to remotely download new smart grid applications as they become available.
According to SmartSynch, the platform represents the first time that Qualcomm’s Brew MP, optimized for the smart grid and M2M space, will be used for wide-scale, full-system smart grid deployments. SmartSynch is utilizing this existing IP-based framework used worldwide to standardize its SmartMeter platform.
“This solution will allow utilities to create the smart grid we have all been envisioning and make it so much faster and easier. Utilities will now be able to offer an ever-expanding portfolio of new applications to their customers with a touch of a button,” said Stephen Johnston, CEO of SmartSynch.
Johnston said SmartSynch would make this smart grid technology available to every meter manufacturer and enterprise software provider.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren