SmartSynch launches 3G wireless platform
JACKSON — SmartSynch Inc. has rolled out a communications platform for smart meters that supports 3G wireless technology. The communication platform based on Qualcomm’s 3G technology will enable SmartSynch to offer what it claims is the world’s first integrated, over-the-air application portfolio for the smart grid.
The system is designed to save utilities time and money by giving them greater flexibility and control over the applications they deploy in the field today while also enabling them to use the same platform to remotely download new smart grid applications as they become available.
According to SmartSynch, the platform represents the first time that Qualcomm’s Brew MP, optimized for the smart grid and M2M space, will be used for wide-scale, full-system smart grid deployments. SmartSynch is utilizing this existing IP-based framework used worldwide to standardize its SmartMeter platform.
“This solution will allow utilities to create the smart grid we have all been envisioning and make it so much faster and easier. Utilities will now be able to offer an ever-expanding portfolio of new applications to their customers with a touch of a button,” said Stephen Johnston, CEO of SmartSynch.
Johnston said SmartSynch would make this smart grid technology available to every meter manufacturer and enterprise software provider.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast