Gumm heading Stone County EDP
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 6,2011
The Stone County Economic Development Partnership has selected Jay Paul Gumm to become its new executive director.
Gumm, 47, is a native of Durant, Okla. For the past eight years, he served that area as state senator. Prior to that, he was the executive director of the Durant (Okla.) Area Chamber of Commerce.
Gumm is a graduate of Southeastern Oklahoma State University. He and his wife, Deena, are the parents of Jacob. The family, including his mother-in-law, will be relocating to Stone County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015