Gumm heading Stone County EDP
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 6,2011
The Stone County Economic Development Partnership has selected Jay Paul Gumm to become its new executive director.
Gumm, 47, is a native of Durant, Okla. For the past eight years, he served that area as state senator. Prior to that, he was the executive director of the Durant (Okla.) Area Chamber of Commerce.
Gumm is a graduate of Southeastern Oklahoma State University. He and his wife, Deena, are the parents of Jacob. The family, including his mother-in-law, will be relocating to Stone County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom