Womack steps in as NEMA V.P.
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 6,2011
Mississippi Emergency Management Agency director Mike Womack has been named the interim vice president of the National Emergency Management Association. Washington Division of Emergency Management director and current NEMA president Jim Mullen asked Womack to take over the role. His term as vice president will run through Oct. 2012.
Womack has been the MEMA director since his appointment by Gov. Haley Barbour in 2006. Prior to becoming director he served as the MEMA deputy director and response and recovery director. Womack was also designated as the state coordinating officer during Hurricanes Katrina and Ivan as well as the governor’s authorized representative for seven major disaster declarations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers