Womack steps in as NEMA V.P.
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 6,2011
Mississippi Emergency Management Agency director Mike Womack has been named the interim vice president of the National Emergency Management Association. Washington Division of Emergency Management director and current NEMA president Jim Mullen asked Womack to take over the role. His term as vice president will run through Oct. 2012.
Womack has been the MEMA director since his appointment by Gov. Haley Barbour in 2006. Prior to becoming director he served as the MEMA deputy director and response and recovery director. Womack was also designated as the state coordinating officer during Hurricanes Katrina and Ivan as well as the governor’s authorized representative for seven major disaster declarations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators