Womack steps in as NEMA V.P.
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 6,2011
Mississippi Emergency Management Agency director Mike Womack has been named the interim vice president of the National Emergency Management Association. Washington Division of Emergency Management director and current NEMA president Jim Mullen asked Womack to take over the role. His term as vice president will run through Oct. 2012.
Womack has been the MEMA director since his appointment by Gov. Haley Barbour in 2006. Prior to becoming director he served as the MEMA deputy director and response and recovery director. Womack was also designated as the state coordinating officer during Hurricanes Katrina and Ivan as well as the governor’s authorized representative for seven major disaster declarations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders