Womack steps in as NEMA V.P.
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 6,2011
Mississippi Emergency Management Agency director Mike Womack has been named the interim vice president of the National Emergency Management Association. Washington Division of Emergency Management director and current NEMA president Jim Mullen asked Womack to take over the role. His term as vice president will run through Oct. 2012.
Womack has been the MEMA director since his appointment by Gov. Haley Barbour in 2006. Prior to becoming director he served as the MEMA deputy director and response and recovery director. Womack was also designated as the state coordinating officer during Hurricanes Katrina and Ivan as well as the governor’s authorized representative for seven major disaster declarations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation