Womack steps in as NEMA V.P.
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 6,2011
Mississippi Emergency Management Agency director Mike Womack has been named the interim vice president of the National Emergency Management Association. Washington Division of Emergency Management director and current NEMA president Jim Mullen asked Womack to take over the role. His term as vice president will run through Oct. 2012.
Womack has been the MEMA director since his appointment by Gov. Haley Barbour in 2006. Prior to becoming director he served as the MEMA deputy director and response and recovery director. Womack was also designated as the state coordinating officer during Hurricanes Katrina and Ivan as well as the governor’s authorized representative for seven major disaster declarations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- New shareholders named for Copeland, Cook, Taylor and Bush
- MSU's Gilbert named finalist for Austin Peay presidency
- Communities vie for TVA sustainability designation
- American HealthTech passes Medicare tests
- First Corolla earmarked for export rolls off of Toyota's line