Coast city files papers for proposed annexation
Published: February 10,2011
PASS CHRISTIAN — Since its beginnings in 1699, Pass Christian has been six square miles in the western part of Harrison County.
Mayor Chipper McDermott and the Board of Aldermen believe it’s time to change that.
The city has filed papers in Chancery Court showing its intent to annex 5.6 square miles, nearly doubling the size of the city.
Later, the city plans to annex Henderson Point, also a part of Harrison County.
Mayor Chipper McDermott tells The Sun Herald that if the city is allowed to annex the targeted area, it would gain about 200 homes and 400 to 500 people.
However, the Harrison County Board of Supervisors has filed an objection to the annexation. The first hearing is March 22 in Chancery Court.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology