Coast city files papers for proposed annexation
Published: February 10,2011
PASS CHRISTIAN — Since its beginnings in 1699, Pass Christian has been six square miles in the western part of Harrison County.
Mayor Chipper McDermott and the Board of Aldermen believe it’s time to change that.
The city has filed papers in Chancery Court showing its intent to annex 5.6 square miles, nearly doubling the size of the city.
Later, the city plans to annex Henderson Point, also a part of Harrison County.
Mayor Chipper McDermott tells The Sun Herald that if the city is allowed to annex the targeted area, it would gain about 200 homes and 400 to 500 people.
However, the Harrison County Board of Supervisors has filed an objection to the annexation. The first hearing is March 22 in Chancery Court.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal