CVB hires consultant to conduct tourism study
by Associated Press
Published: February 10,2011
North Carolina-based Young Strategies will be paid $9,500 to initially look at the CVB’s current in-house programs, such as sports and film development, to see how the efforts are going and what can be improved.
CVB executive director Neal McCoy tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal that the city wants to make sure it is getting the best return on its investment.
McCoy says a separate study will be conducted later into Tupelo’s lodging situation and visitor demographics.
McCoy says he hopes to be get that study done in the next fiscal year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- In wake of bond issue failure, golf course fights to stay playable
- Airport's food irradiation business could create new jobs
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Nullification and interposition