CVB hires consultant to conduct tourism study
Published: February 10,2011
North Carolina-based Young Strategies will be paid $9,500 to initially look at the CVB’s current in-house programs, such as sports and film development, to see how the efforts are going and what can be improved.
CVB executive director Neal McCoy tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal that the city wants to make sure it is getting the best return on its investment.
McCoy says a separate study will be conducted later into Tupelo’s lodging situation and visitor demographics.
McCoy says he hopes to be get that study done in the next fiscal year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money