CVB hires consultant to conduct tourism study
by Associated Press
Published: February 10,2011
North Carolina-based Young Strategies will be paid $9,500 to initially look at the CVB’s current in-house programs, such as sports and film development, to see how the efforts are going and what can be improved.
CVB executive director Neal McCoy tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal that the city wants to make sure it is getting the best return on its investment.
McCoy says a separate study will be conducted later into Tupelo’s lodging situation and visitor demographics.
McCoy says he hopes to be get that study done in the next fiscal year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- New shareholders named for Copeland, Cook, Taylor and Bush
- MSU's Gilbert named finalist for Austin Peay presidency
- Communities vie for TVA sustainability designation
- American HealthTech passes Medicare tests
- First Corolla earmarked for export rolls off of Toyota's line