CVB hires consultant to conduct tourism study
Published: February 10,2011
North Carolina-based Young Strategies will be paid $9,500 to initially look at the CVB’s current in-house programs, such as sports and film development, to see how the efforts are going and what can be improved.
CVB executive director Neal McCoy tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal that the city wants to make sure it is getting the best return on its investment.
McCoy says a separate study will be conducted later into Tupelo’s lodging situation and visitor demographics.
McCoy says he hopes to be get that study done in the next fiscal year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders