CVB hires consultant to conduct tourism study
Published: February 10,2011
North Carolina-based Young Strategies will be paid $9,500 to initially look at the CVB’s current in-house programs, such as sports and film development, to see how the efforts are going and what can be improved.
CVB executive director Neal McCoy tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal that the city wants to make sure it is getting the best return on its investment.
McCoy says a separate study will be conducted later into Tupelo’s lodging situation and visitor demographics.
McCoy says he hopes to be get that study done in the next fiscal year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Court ruling on Section 42 leaves taxpayers on hook for tax repayments
- Wisconsin man pleads guilty to illegal wildlife trapping
- Jackson air fares among most expensive in the nation