Housing director pleads not guilty to federal charges
The Delta Democrat Times reports that South Delta Regional Housing Authority Director Ann Jefferson entered the plea Tuesday through her attorney.
Court documents show her trial is scheduled for April 4 in U.S. District Court in Oxford.
An indictment alleges Jefferson retaliated against two employees and a woman who bought a house from the organization after she found out the individuals had been cooperating with federal investigators who were looking into alleged crimes committed by Jefferson and others. The court records did not say what the alleged crimes were.
The South Delta Regional Housing Authority operates in Bolivar, Humphreys, Sunflower, Issaquena, Sharkey and Washington counties.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation