Housing director pleads not guilty to federal charges
The Delta Democrat Times reports that South Delta Regional Housing Authority Director Ann Jefferson entered the plea Tuesday through her attorney.
Court documents show her trial is scheduled for April 4 in U.S. District Court in Oxford.
An indictment alleges Jefferson retaliated against two employees and a woman who bought a house from the organization after she found out the individuals had been cooperating with federal investigators who were looking into alleged crimes committed by Jefferson and others. The court records did not say what the alleged crimes were.
The South Delta Regional Housing Authority operates in Bolivar, Humphreys, Sunflower, Issaquena, Sharkey and Washington counties.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Firm adds Brian T. Alexander
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast