Housing director pleads not guilty to federal charges
The Delta Democrat Times reports that South Delta Regional Housing Authority Director Ann Jefferson entered the plea Tuesday through her attorney.
Court documents show her trial is scheduled for April 4 in U.S. District Court in Oxford.
An indictment alleges Jefferson retaliated against two employees and a woman who bought a house from the organization after she found out the individuals had been cooperating with federal investigators who were looking into alleged crimes committed by Jefferson and others. The court records did not say what the alleged crimes were.
The South Delta Regional Housing Authority operates in Bolivar, Humphreys, Sunflower, Issaquena, Sharkey and Washington counties.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Nullification and interposition
- Court rules in clinic dispute involving St. Dominic, HMA
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- Commission eyeing unauthorized changes to historic structures
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district