Simmons’ pork products recalled due to allergen
Published: February 10,2011
GUNTERSVILLE, Ala. — The USDA says Simmons’ Barbecue Inc. in Guntersville, Ala., is recalling approximately 4,700 pounds of barbecue pork products because they contain whey, which is an allergan and is not declared on the label.
The products subject to recall include five-pound vacuum-sealed packages of “Simmons’ BARBECUE, INC. Bar-be-cue Pork With Sauce” and five-pound vacuum-sealed packages of “Simmons’ BARBECUE, INC. Bar-be-cue Pork With Thick Sauce.”
Each package has the establishment number “19523” inside the USDA mark of inspection as well as a packaging date.
The products were packaged on Nov. 30, 2010-Feb. 8, 2011, and shipped to wholesalers that distributed to restaurants in Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi and Tennessee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur