Simmons’ pork products recalled due to allergen
Published: February 10,2011
GUNTERSVILLE, Ala. — The USDA says Simmons’ Barbecue Inc. in Guntersville, Ala., is recalling approximately 4,700 pounds of barbecue pork products because they contain whey, which is an allergan and is not declared on the label.
The products subject to recall include five-pound vacuum-sealed packages of “Simmons’ BARBECUE, INC. Bar-be-cue Pork With Sauce” and five-pound vacuum-sealed packages of “Simmons’ BARBECUE, INC. Bar-be-cue Pork With Thick Sauce.”
Each package has the establishment number “19523″ inside the USDA mark of inspection as well as a packaging date.
The products were packaged on Nov. 30, 2010-Feb. 8, 2011, and shipped to wholesalers that distributed to restaurants in Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi and Tennessee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow