Simmons’ pork products recalled due to allergen
Published: February 10,2011
GUNTERSVILLE, Ala. — The USDA says Simmons’ Barbecue Inc. in Guntersville, Ala., is recalling approximately 4,700 pounds of barbecue pork products because they contain whey, which is an allergan and is not declared on the label.
The products subject to recall include five-pound vacuum-sealed packages of “Simmons’ BARBECUE, INC. Bar-be-cue Pork With Sauce” and five-pound vacuum-sealed packages of “Simmons’ BARBECUE, INC. Bar-be-cue Pork With Thick Sauce.”
Each package has the establishment number “19523” inside the USDA mark of inspection as well as a packaging date.
The products were packaged on Nov. 30, 2010-Feb. 8, 2011, and shipped to wholesalers that distributed to restaurants in Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi and Tennessee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending