Simmons’ pork products recalled due to allergen
Published: February 10,2011
GUNTERSVILLE, Ala. — The USDA says Simmons’ Barbecue Inc. in Guntersville, Ala., is recalling approximately 4,700 pounds of barbecue pork products because they contain whey, which is an allergan and is not declared on the label.
The products subject to recall include five-pound vacuum-sealed packages of “Simmons’ BARBECUE, INC. Bar-be-cue Pork With Sauce” and five-pound vacuum-sealed packages of “Simmons’ BARBECUE, INC. Bar-be-cue Pork With Thick Sauce.”
Each package has the establishment number “19523″ inside the USDA mark of inspection as well as a packaging date.
The products were packaged on Nov. 30, 2010-Feb. 8, 2011, and shipped to wholesalers that distributed to restaurants in Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi and Tennessee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast