Simmons’ pork products recalled due to allergen
Published: February 10,2011
GUNTERSVILLE, Ala. — The USDA says Simmons’ Barbecue Inc. in Guntersville, Ala., is recalling approximately 4,700 pounds of barbecue pork products because they contain whey, which is an allergan and is not declared on the label.
The products subject to recall include five-pound vacuum-sealed packages of “Simmons’ BARBECUE, INC. Bar-be-cue Pork With Sauce” and five-pound vacuum-sealed packages of “Simmons’ BARBECUE, INC. Bar-be-cue Pork With Thick Sauce.”
Each package has the establishment number “19523″ inside the USDA mark of inspection as well as a packaging date.
The products were packaged on Nov. 30, 2010-Feb. 8, 2011, and shipped to wholesalers that distributed to restaurants in Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi and Tennessee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015