U.S. Foodservices expanding in Memphis, not Mississippi
by Associated Press
Published: February 10,2011
MEMPHIS — The Memphis division of U.S. Foodservice Inc. has agreed to purchase the building it currently occupies at 5900 Holmes Road from Belz Enterprises.
The company had looked at Mississippi for its expansion, but decided to grow in Memphis.
While the company previously leased 175,000 square feet of space in the building, the company will now expand its operations to encompass the building’s 385,000 square feet of working space by the end of 2011. The additional space will enable the division to increase its operations to meet the demand of its increasing number of customers in Tennessee, Arkansas and Mississippi.
Memphis division currently employs more than 200 people.
Joe Campbell, division president, U.S. Foodservice-Memphis, said, “We evaluated opportunities in both Tennessee and Mississippi before deciding to expand our Memphis facility. We’ve been a member of the Memphis business community for more than 50 years and are looking forward to continuing our tradition of serving the community for many years to come.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Judge to weigh Hood's credit card issuer lawsuit
- Blue Origin successfully tests BE-3 rocket engine
- Allain to lie in repose at Capital Friday; funeral Saturday in Natchez
- Northrop Grumman begins production of five NATO drones