U.S. Foodservices expanding in Memphis, not Mississippi
Published: February 10,2011
MEMPHIS — The Memphis division of U.S. Foodservice Inc. has agreed to purchase the building it currently occupies at 5900 Holmes Road from Belz Enterprises.
The company had looked at Mississippi for its expansion, but decided to grow in Memphis.
While the company previously leased 175,000 square feet of space in the building, the company will now expand its operations to encompass the building’s 385,000 square feet of working space by the end of 2011. The additional space will enable the division to increase its operations to meet the demand of its increasing number of customers in Tennessee, Arkansas and Mississippi.
Memphis division currently employs more than 200 people.
Joe Campbell, division president, U.S. Foodservice-Memphis, said, “We evaluated opportunities in both Tennessee and Mississippi before deciding to expand our Memphis facility. We’ve been a member of the Memphis business community for more than 50 years and are looking forward to continuing our tradition of serving the community for many years to come.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center