U.S. Foodservices expanding in Memphis, not Mississippi
Published: February 10,2011
MEMPHIS — The Memphis division of U.S. Foodservice Inc. has agreed to purchase the building it currently occupies at 5900 Holmes Road from Belz Enterprises.
The company had looked at Mississippi for its expansion, but decided to grow in Memphis.
While the company previously leased 175,000 square feet of space in the building, the company will now expand its operations to encompass the building’s 385,000 square feet of working space by the end of 2011. The additional space will enable the division to increase its operations to meet the demand of its increasing number of customers in Tennessee, Arkansas and Mississippi.
Memphis division currently employs more than 200 people.
Joe Campbell, division president, U.S. Foodservice-Memphis, said, “We evaluated opportunities in both Tennessee and Mississippi before deciding to expand our Memphis facility. We’ve been a member of the Memphis business community for more than 50 years and are looking forward to continuing our tradition of serving the community for many years to come.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money