U.S. Foodservices expanding in Memphis, not Mississippi
Published: February 10,2011
MEMPHIS — The Memphis division of U.S. Foodservice Inc. has agreed to purchase the building it currently occupies at 5900 Holmes Road from Belz Enterprises.
The company had looked at Mississippi for its expansion, but decided to grow in Memphis.
While the company previously leased 175,000 square feet of space in the building, the company will now expand its operations to encompass the building’s 385,000 square feet of working space by the end of 2011. The additional space will enable the division to increase its operations to meet the demand of its increasing number of customers in Tennessee, Arkansas and Mississippi.
Memphis division currently employs more than 200 people.
Joe Campbell, division president, U.S. Foodservice-Memphis, said, “We evaluated opportunities in both Tennessee and Mississippi before deciding to expand our Memphis facility. We’ve been a member of the Memphis business community for more than 50 years and are looking forward to continuing our tradition of serving the community for many years to come.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force