Blackwood to moderate panel discussion
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 13,2011
Bradley Arant Boult Cummings, LLP, attorney Kelly R. Blackwood, a member of the firm’s Environmental & Toxic Tort practice group, will moderate a panel during a Feb. 18 Mississippi College School of Law symposium on the Gulf oil spill. The keynote speaker for the event is Kenneth R. Feinberg, administrator of the Gulf Coast Claims Facility.
Blackwood’s practice involves regulatory and litigation work with a wide range of experience in environmental permitting and enforcement matters. She has a strong working relationship with the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality and works regularly with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Blackwood has represented clients before Mississippi state courts, the Mississippi Commission on Environmental Quality and the Mississippi Environmental Quality Permit Board. She has served as lead counsel in negotiating numerous enforcement settlements, and has routinely assisted with obtaining construction and operating permits and advising clients on associated compliance matters.
Blackwood’s environmental practice also has included property acquisitions, due diligence matters, contaminated properties, brownfield redevelopment, natural resource damages, remediation and restoration and wetlands assessments.
Blackwood holds a J.D. from Mississippi College and a B.B.A. from the University of Mississippi. She is listed in Chambers USA in the category of environment. Blackwood also has taught environmental law as an adjunct professor at the Mississippi College School of Law.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout