Blackwood to moderate panel discussion
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 13,2011
Bradley Arant Boult Cummings, LLP, attorney Kelly R. Blackwood, a member of the firm’s Environmental & Toxic Tort practice group, will moderate a panel during a Feb. 18 Mississippi College School of Law symposium on the Gulf oil spill. The keynote speaker for the event is Kenneth R. Feinberg, administrator of the Gulf Coast Claims Facility.
Blackwood’s practice involves regulatory and litigation work with a wide range of experience in environmental permitting and enforcement matters. She has a strong working relationship with the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality and works regularly with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Blackwood has represented clients before Mississippi state courts, the Mississippi Commission on Environmental Quality and the Mississippi Environmental Quality Permit Board. She has served as lead counsel in negotiating numerous enforcement settlements, and has routinely assisted with obtaining construction and operating permits and advising clients on associated compliance matters.
Blackwood’s environmental practice also has included property acquisitions, due diligence matters, contaminated properties, brownfield redevelopment, natural resource damages, remediation and restoration and wetlands assessments.
Blackwood holds a J.D. from Mississippi College and a B.B.A. from the University of Mississippi. She is listed in Chambers USA in the category of environment. Blackwood also has taught environmental law as an adjunct professor at the Mississippi College School of Law.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip