Borkowski makes rank of major
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 13,2011
Capt. Brian Borkowski, the assistant technical director for military engineering in the Geotechnical and Structures Laboratory (GSL) at the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) in Vicksburg was promoted to the rank of Army major in a Jan. 14 ceremony, followed by a congratulatory reception at the lab. ERDC commander Col. Kevin J. Wilson, Borkowski’s wife, Melissa, and four-year-old son, Brendan, participated in the removal and replacement of rank insignias.
A Parma, Ohio native, Borkowski served as a combat engineer (sapper) platoon leader during the invasion of Iraq in 2003 where his unit was attached to the lead company for the lead Brigade of the 3rd Infantry Division, His second tour was with 1st Brigade, 1st Armored Division in Ramadi, Iraq, in 2006 through 2007. He also commanded the 502nd Multi Role Bridge Company.
Borkowski’s GSL service began in July 2009 and has included five months in Afghanistan, testing products and gathering information for the researchers, with return trips already planned.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast