Borkowski makes rank of major
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 13,2011
Capt. Brian Borkowski, the assistant technical director for military engineering in the Geotechnical and Structures Laboratory (GSL) at the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) in Vicksburg was promoted to the rank of Army major in a Jan. 14 ceremony, followed by a congratulatory reception at the lab. ERDC commander Col. Kevin J. Wilson, Borkowski’s wife, Melissa, and four-year-old son, Brendan, participated in the removal and replacement of rank insignias.
A Parma, Ohio native, Borkowski served as a combat engineer (sapper) platoon leader during the invasion of Iraq in 2003 where his unit was attached to the lead company for the lead Brigade of the 3rd Infantry Division, His second tour was with 1st Brigade, 1st Armored Division in Ramadi, Iraq, in 2006 through 2007. He also commanded the 502nd Multi Role Bridge Company.
Borkowski’s GSL service began in July 2009 and has included five months in Afghanistan, testing products and gathering information for the researchers, with return trips already planned.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium