Borkowski makes rank of major
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 13,2011
Capt. Brian Borkowski, the assistant technical director for military engineering in the Geotechnical and Structures Laboratory (GSL) at the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) in Vicksburg was promoted to the rank of Army major in a Jan. 14 ceremony, followed by a congratulatory reception at the lab. ERDC commander Col. Kevin J. Wilson, Borkowski’s wife, Melissa, and four-year-old son, Brendan, participated in the removal and replacement of rank insignias.
A Parma, Ohio native, Borkowski served as a combat engineer (sapper) platoon leader during the invasion of Iraq in 2003 where his unit was attached to the lead company for the lead Brigade of the 3rd Infantry Division, His second tour was with 1st Brigade, 1st Armored Division in Ramadi, Iraq, in 2006 through 2007. He also commanded the 502nd Multi Role Bridge Company.
Borkowski’s GSL service began in July 2009 and has included five months in Afghanistan, testing products and gathering information for the researchers, with return trips already planned.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player