Borkowski makes rank of major
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 13,2011
Capt. Brian Borkowski, the assistant technical director for military engineering in the Geotechnical and Structures Laboratory (GSL) at the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) in Vicksburg was promoted to the rank of Army major in a Jan. 14 ceremony, followed by a congratulatory reception at the lab. ERDC commander Col. Kevin J. Wilson, Borkowski’s wife, Melissa, and four-year-old son, Brendan, participated in the removal and replacement of rank insignias.
A Parma, Ohio native, Borkowski served as a combat engineer (sapper) platoon leader during the invasion of Iraq in 2003 where his unit was attached to the lead company for the lead Brigade of the 3rd Infantry Division, His second tour was with 1st Brigade, 1st Armored Division in Ramadi, Iraq, in 2006 through 2007. He also commanded the 502nd Multi Role Bridge Company.
Borkowski’s GSL service began in July 2009 and has included five months in Afghanistan, testing products and gathering information for the researchers, with return trips already planned.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- BREAKING: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics