Borkowski makes rank of major
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 13,2011
Capt. Brian Borkowski, the assistant technical director for military engineering in the Geotechnical and Structures Laboratory (GSL) at the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) in Vicksburg was promoted to the rank of Army major in a Jan. 14 ceremony, followed by a congratulatory reception at the lab. ERDC commander Col. Kevin J. Wilson, Borkowski’s wife, Melissa, and four-year-old son, Brendan, participated in the removal and replacement of rank insignias.
A Parma, Ohio native, Borkowski served as a combat engineer (sapper) platoon leader during the invasion of Iraq in 2003 where his unit was attached to the lead company for the lead Brigade of the 3rd Infantry Division, His second tour was with 1st Brigade, 1st Armored Division in Ramadi, Iraq, in 2006 through 2007. He also commanded the 502nd Multi Role Bridge Company.
Borkowski’s GSL service began in July 2009 and has included five months in Afghanistan, testing products and gathering information for the researchers, with return trips already planned.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics