Hartley, Matheson tapped by NASBE
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 13,2011
The National Association of State Boards of Education (NASBE) is pleased to announce that Claude Hartley, a resident of Belden and a member of the Mississippi State Board of Education, has been chosen to serve on the NASBE Governmental Affairs Committee.
As a member of the 19-member panel, Hartley will meet with other state education leaders, national policymakers, federal lawmakers and education reform experts during a yearlong series of meetings, events and communications to share their state’s experiences and perspective, analyze federal education initiatives, promote state board of education priorities, and serve as a state education resource to congressional offices and staff.
In a separate item, NASBE) announced that Sue Matheson of Pass Christian, also a member of the Mississippi State Board of Education, has been selected to serve on a year-long NASBE study group – Preparation, Evaluation, Continuation & Compensation: A State Policy Agenda to Enhance the Teaching Profession – to examine educator preparation and professional development, their job performance evaluations and the impact of the Common Core Standards on teaching.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Madison's Christmas on Ice will not take place this year
- SPECIAL REPORT: Land may hold key to Jackson airport’s success
- Ex-judge disciplined, but not barred, by Supreme Court
- SPECIAL REPORT: A savvy pro is sought for Jackson airport's CEO
- Gunn: State's GOP needs to heal after Senate primary battle
- Bank welcomes Little
- USM Foundation sees second-highest fundraising total in history