Hartley, Matheson tapped by NASBE
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 13,2011
The National Association of State Boards of Education (NASBE) is pleased to announce that Claude Hartley, a resident of Belden and a member of the Mississippi State Board of Education, has been chosen to serve on the NASBE Governmental Affairs Committee.
As a member of the 19-member panel, Hartley will meet with other state education leaders, national policymakers, federal lawmakers and education reform experts during a yearlong series of meetings, events and communications to share their state’s experiences and perspective, analyze federal education initiatives, promote state board of education priorities, and serve as a state education resource to congressional offices and staff.
In a separate item, NASBE) announced that Sue Matheson of Pass Christian, also a member of the Mississippi State Board of Education, has been selected to serve on a year-long NASBE study group – Preparation, Evaluation, Continuation & Compensation: A State Policy Agenda to Enhance the Teaching Profession – to examine educator preparation and professional development, their job performance evaluations and the impact of the Common Core Standards on teaching.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs