Hartley, Matheson tapped by NASBE
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 13,2011
The National Association of State Boards of Education (NASBE) is pleased to announce that Claude Hartley, a resident of Belden and a member of the Mississippi State Board of Education, has been chosen to serve on the NASBE Governmental Affairs Committee.
As a member of the 19-member panel, Hartley will meet with other state education leaders, national policymakers, federal lawmakers and education reform experts during a yearlong series of meetings, events and communications to share their state’s experiences and perspective, analyze federal education initiatives, promote state board of education priorities, and serve as a state education resource to congressional offices and staff.
In a separate item, NASBE) announced that Sue Matheson of Pass Christian, also a member of the Mississippi State Board of Education, has been selected to serve on a year-long NASBE study group – Preparation, Evaluation, Continuation & Compensation: A State Policy Agenda to Enhance the Teaching Profession – to examine educator preparation and professional development, their job performance evaluations and the impact of the Common Core Standards on teaching.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment