Hartley, Matheson tapped by NASBE
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 13,2011
The National Association of State Boards of Education (NASBE) is pleased to announce that Claude Hartley, a resident of Belden and a member of the Mississippi State Board of Education, has been chosen to serve on the NASBE Governmental Affairs Committee.
As a member of the 19-member panel, Hartley will meet with other state education leaders, national policymakers, federal lawmakers and education reform experts during a yearlong series of meetings, events and communications to share their state’s experiences and perspective, analyze federal education initiatives, promote state board of education priorities, and serve as a state education resource to congressional offices and staff.
In a separate item, NASBE) announced that Sue Matheson of Pass Christian, also a member of the Mississippi State Board of Education, has been selected to serve on a year-long NASBE study group – Preparation, Evaluation, Continuation & Compensation: A State Policy Agenda to Enhance the Teaching Profession – to examine educator preparation and professional development, their job performance evaluations and the impact of the Common Core Standards on teaching.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- Chancery judge delays JRA bond approval for Jackson's Westin hotel
- KILL BILL: Common Core death knell heads to Gov. Bryant's desk
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Keeping our eye on: Neal Stephens
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing