Vilsack appoints Green to board
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 13,2011
Mississippi State University Extension Service specialist Rita W. Green is participating in a key U.S. Department of Agriculture policymaking board. U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack appointed Green, MSU family resource management area agent based in Grenada County, to the National Agricultural Research Extension, Education and Economics Advisory Board.
Green earned her bachelor’s degree from the University of Tennessee at Martin and a master of business administration from the University of Memphis. She is a NeighborWorks Certified Housing Counselor and is on the advisory board of the Developing Personal Wealth Program in Greenwood. She began her career with MSU in 2008 and is currently pursuing her doctorate.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- HCC works deal with MSU Extension Service for land to expand
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study