City officials: Marina project ‘off the table’
Published: February 14,2011
WAVELAND — Waveland officials say plans to build a $6-million marina are off the table.
Mayor David Garcia told the Sun Herald over the weekend that funding from the Mississippi Development Authority for the project is no longer available.
However, Garcia says the city and MDA are looking at a possible $1-million project to add improvements to the area that would be in the scope of the previous project, such as additional pavilions and restroom facilities on the beach near Garfield Ladner Pier.
Garcia said MDA is forgiving the $250,000 the previous administration spent on planning and design for the marina project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image