City officials: Marina project ‘off the table’
Published: February 14,2011
WAVELAND — Waveland officials say plans to build a $6-million marina are off the table.
Mayor David Garcia told the Sun Herald over the weekend that funding from the Mississippi Development Authority for the project is no longer available.
However, Garcia says the city and MDA are looking at a possible $1-million project to add improvements to the area that would be in the scope of the previous project, such as additional pavilions and restroom facilities on the beach near Garfield Ladner Pier.
Garcia said MDA is forgiving the $250,000 the previous administration spent on planning and design for the marina project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- HCC works deal with MSU Extension Service for land to expand