City officials: Marina project ‘off the table’
Published: February 14,2011
WAVELAND — Waveland officials say plans to build a $6-million marina are off the table.
Mayor David Garcia told the Sun Herald over the weekend that funding from the Mississippi Development Authority for the project is no longer available.
However, Garcia says the city and MDA are looking at a possible $1-million project to add improvements to the area that would be in the scope of the previous project, such as additional pavilions and restroom facilities on the beach near Garfield Ladner Pier.
Garcia said MDA is forgiving the $250,000 the previous administration spent on planning and design for the marina project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast