City officials: Marina project ‘off the table’
Published: February 14,2011
WAVELAND — Waveland officials say plans to build a $6-million marina are off the table.
Mayor David Garcia told the Sun Herald over the weekend that funding from the Mississippi Development Authority for the project is no longer available.
However, Garcia says the city and MDA are looking at a possible $1-million project to add improvements to the area that would be in the scope of the previous project, such as additional pavilions and restroom facilities on the beach near Garfield Ladner Pier.
Garcia said MDA is forgiving the $250,000 the previous administration spent on planning and design for the marina project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Lab owner loses challenge to 40 months in waste case
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- MSU-CVM professor leads major reference publication
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways