City officials: Marina project ‘off the table’
Published: February 14,2011
WAVELAND — Waveland officials say plans to build a $6-million marina are off the table.
Mayor David Garcia told the Sun Herald over the weekend that funding from the Mississippi Development Authority for the project is no longer available.
However, Garcia says the city and MDA are looking at a possible $1-million project to add improvements to the area that would be in the scope of the previous project, such as additional pavilions and restroom facilities on the beach near Garfield Ladner Pier.
Garcia said MDA is forgiving the $250,000 the previous administration spent on planning and design for the marina project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training