Callon prices public offering of common stock
by Wally Northway
Published: February 15,2011
NATCHEZ — Callon Petroleum Company has priced its public offering of nine million shares of its common stock at a price to the public of $7.75 per share.
Callon has also granted the underwriters an option exercisable for a period of 30 days to purchase up to an additional 1.35 million common shares to cover over-allotments, if any.
The closing of the offering is expected to occur on or about Feb. 16, 2011, subject to customary closing conditions. Assuming no exercise of the underwriters’ over-allotment option, Callon expects to receive net proceeds of approximately $65.7 million. Callon intends to use $30.7 million of the net proceeds to fund a portion of its 2011 capital budget and for general corporate purposes, including possible future acquisitions. Callon also intends to use $35 million of the net proceeds to redeem $31 million of its outstanding 13 percent Senior Notes due 2016 and pay the associated redemption premium.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- Texas company buys Tuscaloosa Marine Shale leases