Callon prices public offering of common stock
Published: February 15,2011
NATCHEZ — Callon Petroleum Company has priced its public offering of nine million shares of its common stock at a price to the public of $7.75 per share.
Callon has also granted the underwriters an option exercisable for a period of 30 days to purchase up to an additional 1.35 million common shares to cover over-allotments, if any.
The closing of the offering is expected to occur on or about Feb. 16, 2011, subject to customary closing conditions. Assuming no exercise of the underwriters’ over-allotment option, Callon expects to receive net proceeds of approximately $65.7 million. Callon intends to use $30.7 million of the net proceeds to fund a portion of its 2011 capital budget and for general corporate purposes, including possible future acquisitions. Callon also intends to use $35 million of the net proceeds to redeem $31 million of its outstanding 13 percent Senior Notes due 2016 and pay the associated redemption premium.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions