City council gives quick OK to Margaritaville Casino
by Associated Press
Published: February 16,2011
The first reading of the proposal came during the 1:30 p.m. meeting yesterday, and once that adjourned, the council opened a special meeting and approved the plan.
The design calls for a seaplane hanging from the ceiling and a shrimp boat and volcano in the bar.
The developer’s attorney, Mike Cavanaugh, tells The Sun Herald he hopes in about a month to take the project to the Mississippi Gaming Commission, the last step before construction. If work can begin by April, Cavanaugh said, the developers should be able to meet their goal and open Margaritaville by or before New Year’s Eve this year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “City council gives quick OK to Margaritaville Casino”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit