City council gives quick OK to Margaritaville Casino
Published: February 16,2011
The first reading of the proposal came during the 1:30 p.m. meeting yesterday, and once that adjourned, the council opened a special meeting and approved the plan.
The design calls for a seaplane hanging from the ceiling and a shrimp boat and volcano in the bar.
The developer’s attorney, Mike Cavanaugh, tells The Sun Herald he hopes in about a month to take the project to the Mississippi Gaming Commission, the last step before construction. If work can begin by April, Cavanaugh said, the developers should be able to meet their goal and open Margaritaville by or before New Year’s Eve this year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “City council gives quick OK to Margaritaville Casino”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.