City council gives quick OK to Margaritaville Casino
by Associated Press
Published: February 16,2011
The first reading of the proposal came during the 1:30 p.m. meeting yesterday, and once that adjourned, the council opened a special meeting and approved the plan.
The design calls for a seaplane hanging from the ceiling and a shrimp boat and volcano in the bar.
The developer’s attorney, Mike Cavanaugh, tells The Sun Herald he hopes in about a month to take the project to the Mississippi Gaming Commission, the last step before construction. If work can begin by April, Cavanaugh said, the developers should be able to meet their goal and open Margaritaville by or before New Year’s Eve this year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “City council gives quick OK to Margaritaville Casino”
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- MSU Foundation names five new members