City council gives quick OK to Margaritaville Casino
Published: February 16,2011
The first reading of the proposal came during the 1:30 p.m. meeting yesterday, and once that adjourned, the council opened a special meeting and approved the plan.
The design calls for a seaplane hanging from the ceiling and a shrimp boat and volcano in the bar.
The developer’s attorney, Mike Cavanaugh, tells The Sun Herald he hopes in about a month to take the project to the Mississippi Gaming Commission, the last step before construction. If work can begin by April, Cavanaugh said, the developers should be able to meet their goal and open Margaritaville by or before New Year’s Eve this year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “City council gives quick OK to Margaritaville Casino”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics