Callon completes public offering, nets $65.7M
by Wally Northway
Published: February 17,2011
NATCHEZ — Callon Petroleum Company has closed its previously announced public offering of nine million shares of its common stock at a price to the public of $7.75 per share.
Callon also granted the underwriters a 30-day option to purchase up to an additional 1.35 million common shares on the same terms and conditions to cover over-allotments, if any.
Callon received net proceeds of approximately $65.7 million.
Callon said it intends to use the net proceeds from the offering to fund a portion of its 2011 capital budget and for general corporate purposes, including possible future acquisitions.
Callon also intends to use $35 million of the net proceeds to redeem $31 million of its outstanding 13 percent Senior Notes due 2016 and pay the associated redemption premium.
These net proceeds do not include any proceeds associated with the underwriters’ over-allotment option.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- Department of Environmental Quality developing water sources plan
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- Stacey Pickering wins Patriot Award