Key Constructors repairs bridge ahead of schedule
by Wally Northway
Published: February 17,2011
HARRISON COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has completed all repairs to the U.S. 49 southbound bridge over Big Biloxi River near Wortham Road.
On Dec. 2, 2010, a car struck the steel pile near the median causing a crack in the concrete support cap.
MDOT awarded a $198,000 contract to Key Constructors of Madison to repair the bridge. The contractor placed four additional steel piles and supports in addition to encasing the damaged pile in steel and concrete.
The project was completed 23 days ahead of schedule.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability