Key Constructors repairs bridge ahead of schedule
by Wally Northway
Published: February 17,2011
HARRISON COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has completed all repairs to the U.S. 49 southbound bridge over Big Biloxi River near Wortham Road.
On Dec. 2, 2010, a car struck the steel pile near the median causing a crack in the concrete support cap.
MDOT awarded a $198,000 contract to Key Constructors of Madison to repair the bridge. The contractor placed four additional steel piles and supports in addition to encasing the damaged pile in steel and concrete.
The project was completed 23 days ahead of schedule.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data