Key Constructors repairs bridge ahead of schedule
Published: February 17,2011
HARRISON COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has completed all repairs to the U.S. 49 southbound bridge over Big Biloxi River near Wortham Road.
On Dec. 2, 2010, a car struck the steel pile near the median causing a crack in the concrete support cap.
MDOT awarded a $198,000 contract to Key Constructors of Madison to repair the bridge. The contractor placed four additional steel piles and supports in addition to encasing the damaged pile in steel and concrete.
The project was completed 23 days ahead of schedule.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal