Key Constructors repairs bridge ahead of schedule
Published: February 17,2011
HARRISON COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has completed all repairs to the U.S. 49 southbound bridge over Big Biloxi River near Wortham Road.
On Dec. 2, 2010, a car struck the steel pile near the median causing a crack in the concrete support cap.
MDOT awarded a $198,000 contract to Key Constructors of Madison to repair the bridge. The contractor placed four additional steel piles and supports in addition to encasing the damaged pile in steel and concrete.
The project was completed 23 days ahead of schedule.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Medical transportation company opening operation/call center
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K