Key Constructors repairs bridge ahead of schedule
Published: February 17,2011
HARRISON COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has completed all repairs to the U.S. 49 southbound bridge over Big Biloxi River near Wortham Road.
On Dec. 2, 2010, a car struck the steel pile near the median causing a crack in the concrete support cap.
MDOT awarded a $198,000 contract to Key Constructors of Madison to repair the bridge. The contractor placed four additional steel piles and supports in addition to encasing the damaged pile in steel and concrete.
The project was completed 23 days ahead of schedule.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years