Key Constructors repairs bridge ahead of schedule
Published: February 17,2011
HARRISON COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has completed all repairs to the U.S. 49 southbound bridge over Big Biloxi River near Wortham Road.
On Dec. 2, 2010, a car struck the steel pile near the median causing a crack in the concrete support cap.
MDOT awarded a $198,000 contract to Key Constructors of Madison to repair the bridge. The contractor placed four additional steel piles and supports in addition to encasing the damaged pile in steel and concrete.
The project was completed 23 days ahead of schedule.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Regions must pay $7.5 million in fines over illegal overdraft fees
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings attorney Alan Perry takes office as IHL board president
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Mississippian Glenn McCullough Jr. gets nod as new MDA chief
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- DAVID DALLAS: Getting a grip on LGBT issues