Gov. names Albert Santa Cruz to head public safety
by Ross Reily
Published: February 18,2011
JACKSON — Gov. Haley Barbour has appointed Albert Santa Cruz to be Mississippi’s Public Safety Commissioner and Lt. Col. Donnell Berry to head the Highway Patrol.
Barbour made the announcement Friday in a news release.
Santa Cruz, chief of the Highway Patrol, replaces Steve Simpson, who resigned as commissioner earlier this month to run for attorney general.
Santa Cruz is a native of D’Iberville.
Berry is from Bentonia. He has served as assistant chief of patrol of Uniform Division Enforcement since 2004.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90