Gov. names Albert Santa Cruz to head public safety
by Ross Reily
Published: February 18,2011
JACKSON — Gov. Haley Barbour has appointed Albert Santa Cruz to be Mississippi’s Public Safety Commissioner and Lt. Col. Donnell Berry to head the Highway Patrol.
Barbour made the announcement Friday in a news release.
Santa Cruz, chief of the Highway Patrol, replaces Steve Simpson, who resigned as commissioner earlier this month to run for attorney general.
Santa Cruz is a native of D’Iberville.
Berry is from Bentonia. He has served as assistant chief of patrol of Uniform Division Enforcement since 2004.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- State of Louisiana mulling plan for Amtrak route