Gov. names Albert Santa Cruz to head public safety
by Ross Reily
Published: February 18,2011
JACKSON — Gov. Haley Barbour has appointed Albert Santa Cruz to be Mississippi’s Public Safety Commissioner and Lt. Col. Donnell Berry to head the Highway Patrol.
Barbour made the announcement Friday in a news release.
Santa Cruz, chief of the Highway Patrol, replaces Steve Simpson, who resigned as commissioner earlier this month to run for attorney general.
Santa Cruz is a native of D’Iberville.
Berry is from Bentonia. He has served as assistant chief of patrol of Uniform Division Enforcement since 2004.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute