Gov. names Albert Santa Cruz to head public safety
by Ross Reily
Published: February 18,2011
JACKSON — Gov. Haley Barbour has appointed Albert Santa Cruz to be Mississippi’s Public Safety Commissioner and Lt. Col. Donnell Berry to head the Highway Patrol.
Barbour made the announcement Friday in a news release.
Santa Cruz, chief of the Highway Patrol, replaces Steve Simpson, who resigned as commissioner earlier this month to run for attorney general.
Santa Cruz is a native of D’Iberville.
Berry is from Bentonia. He has served as assistant chief of patrol of Uniform Division Enforcement since 2004.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county