Gov. names Albert Santa Cruz to head public safety
by Ross Reily
Published: February 18,2011
JACKSON — Gov. Haley Barbour has appointed Albert Santa Cruz to be Mississippi’s Public Safety Commissioner and Lt. Col. Donnell Berry to head the Highway Patrol.
Barbour made the announcement Friday in a news release.
Santa Cruz, chief of the Highway Patrol, replaces Steve Simpson, who resigned as commissioner earlier this month to run for attorney general.
Santa Cruz is a native of D’Iberville.
Berry is from Bentonia. He has served as assistant chief of patrol of Uniform Division Enforcement since 2004.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary