State’s casinos raked in more winnings
The figures were reported Friday by the Mississippi Department of Revenue.
“Win” is a gross figure, with no operating costs or other expenses deducted. It is casino revenue only and doesn’t include hotel, restaurant or bar revenues generated by the resorts.
The 11 coastal Mississippi casinos won $97.8 million in January, up from $90.4 million in January 2010.
For the 19 casinos on the Mississippi River that stretch from Natchez to Tunica, revenue was $92 million in January, down about $10.3 million from a year ago.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Nullification and interposition
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge