State’s casinos raked in more winnings
The figures were reported Friday by the Mississippi Department of Revenue.
“Win” is a gross figure, with no operating costs or other expenses deducted. It is casino revenue only and doesn’t include hotel, restaurant or bar revenues generated by the resorts.
The 11 coastal Mississippi casinos won $97.8 million in January, up from $90.4 million in January 2010.
For the 19 casinos on the Mississippi River that stretch from Natchez to Tunica, revenue was $92 million in January, down about $10.3 million from a year ago.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible