State’s casinos raked in more winnings
The figures were reported Friday by the Mississippi Department of Revenue.
“Win” is a gross figure, with no operating costs or other expenses deducted. It is casino revenue only and doesn’t include hotel, restaurant or bar revenues generated by the resorts.
The 11 coastal Mississippi casinos won $97.8 million in January, up from $90.4 million in January 2010.
For the 19 casinos on the Mississippi River that stretch from Natchez to Tunica, revenue was $92 million in January, down about $10.3 million from a year ago.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money