State’s casinos raked in more winnings
The figures were reported Friday by the Mississippi Department of Revenue.
“Win” is a gross figure, with no operating costs or other expenses deducted. It is casino revenue only and doesn’t include hotel, restaurant or bar revenues generated by the resorts.
The 11 coastal Mississippi casinos won $97.8 million in January, up from $90.4 million in January 2010.
For the 19 casinos on the Mississippi River that stretch from Natchez to Tunica, revenue was $92 million in January, down about $10.3 million from a year ago.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87