State’s casinos raked in more winnings
The figures were reported Friday by the Mississippi Department of Revenue.
“Win” is a gross figure, with no operating costs or other expenses deducted. It is casino revenue only and doesn’t include hotel, restaurant or bar revenues generated by the resorts.
The 11 coastal Mississippi casinos won $97.8 million in January, up from $90.4 million in January 2010.
For the 19 casinos on the Mississippi River that stretch from Natchez to Tunica, revenue was $92 million in January, down about $10.3 million from a year ago.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal