Crossman honored for 60-year service
Mary Crossman, director of health information at Mississippi State Hospital, was honored by the Mississippi Legislature Jan. 27 for her 60 years of service the hospital.
Crossman joined the hospital Jan. 9, 1951. She began working as a typing clerk straight out of college, but was named director of medical records only six months later and has held that position ever since.
She has studied at East Central Junior College, University Medical Center, the University of Georgia, the University of North Carolina and the University of Oklahoma. She acquired additional studies in biostatistics and epidemiology at Johns Hopkins School of Hygiene and Public Health, and has also served as a consultant for several healthcare facilities as well as serving as a clinical instructor for the University of Mississippi Medical Center School of Health Related Professionals.
Crossman is a native of Decatur, and a current resident of Brandon.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers