Crossman honored for 60-year service
Mary Crossman, director of health information at Mississippi State Hospital, was honored by the Mississippi Legislature Jan. 27 for her 60 years of service the hospital.
Crossman joined the hospital Jan. 9, 1951. She began working as a typing clerk straight out of college, but was named director of medical records only six months later and has held that position ever since.
She has studied at East Central Junior College, University Medical Center, the University of Georgia, the University of North Carolina and the University of Oklahoma. She acquired additional studies in biostatistics and epidemiology at Johns Hopkins School of Hygiene and Public Health, and has also served as a consultant for several healthcare facilities as well as serving as a clinical instructor for the University of Mississippi Medical Center School of Health Related Professionals.
Crossman is a native of Decatur, and a current resident of Brandon.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs