Crossman honored for 60-year service
Mary Crossman, director of health information at Mississippi State Hospital, was honored by the Mississippi Legislature Jan. 27 for her 60 years of service the hospital.
Crossman joined the hospital Jan. 9, 1951. She began working as a typing clerk straight out of college, but was named director of medical records only six months later and has held that position ever since.
She has studied at East Central Junior College, University Medical Center, the University of Georgia, the University of North Carolina and the University of Oklahoma. She acquired additional studies in biostatistics and epidemiology at Johns Hopkins School of Hygiene and Public Health, and has also served as a consultant for several healthcare facilities as well as serving as a clinical instructor for the University of Mississippi Medical Center School of Health Related Professionals.
Crossman is a native of Decatur, and a current resident of Brandon.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi