Crossman honored for 60-year service
Mary Crossman, director of health information at Mississippi State Hospital, was honored by the Mississippi Legislature Jan. 27 for her 60 years of service the hospital.
Crossman joined the hospital Jan. 9, 1951. She began working as a typing clerk straight out of college, but was named director of medical records only six months later and has held that position ever since.
She has studied at East Central Junior College, University Medical Center, the University of Georgia, the University of North Carolina and the University of Oklahoma. She acquired additional studies in biostatistics and epidemiology at Johns Hopkins School of Hygiene and Public Health, and has also served as a consultant for several healthcare facilities as well as serving as a clinical instructor for the University of Mississippi Medical Center School of Health Related Professionals.
Crossman is a native of Decatur, and a current resident of Brandon.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- Court ruling on Section 42 leaves taxpayers on hook for tax repayments
- Wisconsin man pleads guilty to illegal wildlife trapping