Crossman honored for 60-year service
Mary Crossman, director of health information at Mississippi State Hospital, was honored by the Mississippi Legislature Jan. 27 for her 60 years of service the hospital.
Crossman joined the hospital Jan. 9, 1951. She began working as a typing clerk straight out of college, but was named director of medical records only six months later and has held that position ever since.
She has studied at East Central Junior College, University Medical Center, the University of Georgia, the University of North Carolina and the University of Oklahoma. She acquired additional studies in biostatistics and epidemiology at Johns Hopkins School of Hygiene and Public Health, and has also served as a consultant for several healthcare facilities as well as serving as a clinical instructor for the University of Mississippi Medical Center School of Health Related Professionals.
Crossman is a native of Decatur, and a current resident of Brandon.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal