Hosemann picks Pratt to head division
Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann is pleased to announce Ryan Pratt has been selected to lead the Secretary of State’s Policy and Research Division. Pratt comes to the position from the Ridgeland-based law firm of Butler, Snow, O’Mara, Stevens, and Cannada, PLLC, where he practiced governmental and public finance law.
As assistant secretary of state of policy and research, some of Pratt’s responsibilities include researching potential policy revisions to Mississippi business laws and other laws pertaining to the Secretary of State’s Office and making recommendations to the Legislature.
A native of Jackson, Pratt received a bachelor of arts degree in psychology from the University of Mississippi and a juris doctorate from the University of Mississippi School of Law. He also studied at the University of Cambridge.
Pratt is an adjunct professor of legal writing with the Mississippi College School of Law and is a 2010 graduate of Leadership Mississippi. He is a member of the Capitol Area, Mississippi and American Bar Associations and the National Association of Bond Lawyers.
Pratt and his wife, Loren, live in Madison County where he is an ex-officio member of the Madison County Chamber of Commerce board of directors.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years