Hosemann picks Pratt to head division
Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann is pleased to announce Ryan Pratt has been selected to lead the Secretary of State’s Policy and Research Division. Pratt comes to the position from the Ridgeland-based law firm of Butler, Snow, O’Mara, Stevens, and Cannada, PLLC, where he practiced governmental and public finance law.
As assistant secretary of state of policy and research, some of Pratt’s responsibilities include researching potential policy revisions to Mississippi business laws and other laws pertaining to the Secretary of State’s Office and making recommendations to the Legislature.
A native of Jackson, Pratt received a bachelor of arts degree in psychology from the University of Mississippi and a juris doctorate from the University of Mississippi School of Law. He also studied at the University of Cambridge.
Pratt is an adjunct professor of legal writing with the Mississippi College School of Law and is a 2010 graduate of Leadership Mississippi. He is a member of the Capitol Area, Mississippi and American Bar Associations and the National Association of Bond Lawyers.
Pratt and his wife, Loren, live in Madison County where he is an ex-officio member of the Madison County Chamber of Commerce board of directors.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame planning gets underway
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Office occupancy edged up throughout Metro Jackson