Hosemann picks Pratt to head division
Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann is pleased to announce Ryan Pratt has been selected to lead the Secretary of State’s Policy and Research Division. Pratt comes to the position from the Ridgeland-based law firm of Butler, Snow, O’Mara, Stevens, and Cannada, PLLC, where he practiced governmental and public finance law.
As assistant secretary of state of policy and research, some of Pratt’s responsibilities include researching potential policy revisions to Mississippi business laws and other laws pertaining to the Secretary of State’s Office and making recommendations to the Legislature.
A native of Jackson, Pratt received a bachelor of arts degree in psychology from the University of Mississippi and a juris doctorate from the University of Mississippi School of Law. He also studied at the University of Cambridge.
Pratt is an adjunct professor of legal writing with the Mississippi College School of Law and is a 2010 graduate of Leadership Mississippi. He is a member of the Capitol Area, Mississippi and American Bar Associations and the National Association of Bond Lawyers.
Pratt and his wife, Loren, live in Madison County where he is an ex-officio member of the Madison County Chamber of Commerce board of directors.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Wiseman retiring after nearly 30 years with Stennis Institute
- Real estate developer to plead guilty to wetlands violation
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State