Hosemann picks Pratt to head division
Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann is pleased to announce Ryan Pratt has been selected to lead the Secretary of State’s Policy and Research Division. Pratt comes to the position from the Ridgeland-based law firm of Butler, Snow, O’Mara, Stevens, and Cannada, PLLC, where he practiced governmental and public finance law.
As assistant secretary of state of policy and research, some of Pratt’s responsibilities include researching potential policy revisions to Mississippi business laws and other laws pertaining to the Secretary of State’s Office and making recommendations to the Legislature.
A native of Jackson, Pratt received a bachelor of arts degree in psychology from the University of Mississippi and a juris doctorate from the University of Mississippi School of Law. He also studied at the University of Cambridge.
Pratt is an adjunct professor of legal writing with the Mississippi College School of Law and is a 2010 graduate of Leadership Mississippi. He is a member of the Capitol Area, Mississippi and American Bar Associations and the National Association of Bond Lawyers.
Pratt and his wife, Loren, live in Madison County where he is an ex-officio member of the Madison County Chamber of Commerce board of directors.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation