Novak recognized for environmental aviation
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 20,2011
Natchez native and crop duster Casey Novak recently received an Applicators Conserving the Environment Award at the Mississippi Agricultural Aviators Association meeting for his work as an agriculture pilot at Ferriday (La.) Flying Service.
The A.C.E Pilot Program was developed to recognize environmental stewards in the agriculture flying industry and to give other pilots incentives for being more environmentally friendly when spraying crops.
Novak has been with Ferriday Flying Services since 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren