Novak recognized for environmental aviation
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 20,2011
Natchez native and crop duster Casey Novak recently received an Applicators Conserving the Environment Award at the Mississippi Agricultural Aviators Association meeting for his work as an agriculture pilot at Ferriday (La.) Flying Service.
The A.C.E Pilot Program was developed to recognize environmental stewards in the agriculture flying industry and to give other pilots incentives for being more environmentally friendly when spraying crops.
Novak has been with Ferriday Flying Services since 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete