Novak recognized for environmental aviation
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 20,2011
Natchez native and crop duster Casey Novak recently received an Applicators Conserving the Environment Award at the Mississippi Agricultural Aviators Association meeting for his work as an agriculture pilot at Ferriday (La.) Flying Service.
The A.C.E Pilot Program was developed to recognize environmental stewards in the agriculture flying industry and to give other pilots incentives for being more environmentally friendly when spraying crops.
Novak has been with Ferriday Flying Services since 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hunters urged to help fight wild hog population
- Grocery store settles discrimination case with EEOC
- County to borrow $24M for wood pellet terminal at port
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- DMR sends letter to MDA over marine leasing, seismic activity
- Supreme Court refuses to hear drilling moratorium case
- Diet clinic owner, manager arrested on drug charges
- Cochran: 'We are making progress' on farm bill
- Court refuses again to remove judge from murder-for-hire case
- Power plant lands $181M loan from USDA