SACS taps Keenum for board
The president of Mississippi State University is a newly appointed member of the top accreditation body for regional institutions of higher learning. Mark E. Keenum recently was elected to a three-year term on the board of trustees of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools’ Commission on Colleges. He will serve through 2013 on the 77-member body representing some 800 institutional members.
Keenum is in his third year as the 19th chief executive of MSU, from which he holds bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in agricultural economics. Prior to being named president in late 2008, he was under secretary of the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State’s MAGIC accounting system works, albeit with glitches
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium