SACS taps Keenum for board
The president of Mississippi State University is a newly appointed member of the top accreditation body for regional institutions of higher learning. Mark E. Keenum recently was elected to a three-year term on the board of trustees of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools’ Commission on Colleges. He will serve through 2013 on the 77-member body representing some 800 institutional members.
Keenum is in his third year as the 19th chief executive of MSU, from which he holds bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in agricultural economics. Prior to being named president in late 2008, he was under secretary of the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion