SACS taps Keenum for board
The president of Mississippi State University is a newly appointed member of the top accreditation body for regional institutions of higher learning. Mark E. Keenum recently was elected to a three-year term on the board of trustees of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools’ Commission on Colleges. He will serve through 2013 on the 77-member body representing some 800 institutional members.
Keenum is in his third year as the 19th chief executive of MSU, from which he holds bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in agricultural economics. Prior to being named president in late 2008, he was under secretary of the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19