MDAC accepting specialty crop grant applications
by Wally Northway
Published: February 21,2011
JACKSON — The Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce is now accepting proposals for Mississippi’s FY 2011 Specialty Crop Block Grant Program.
The purpose of the program is to solely enhance the competitiveness of Mississippi’s specialty crop industry. Projects funded through the program must address at least one of the following priority areas: research; promotion/marketing; education/training; or, food safety/product handling.
The Specialty Crop Block Grant Program is funded by the United States Department of Agriculture and authorized by the Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008 (Farm Bill). Specialty crops are defined as fruits and vegetables, tree nuts, dried fruits, horticulture and nursery crops (including floriculture). Funding will not be awarded to projects that solely benefit a particular commercial product or provide a profit to a single organization, institution or individual.
To obtain an application, visit www.mdac.state.ms.us, call (601) 359-1163, or email email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until May 2.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- Study says Nissan subsidies total $1.33B; MDA says overestimated
- Nullification and interposition
- Renee Flynt made Craftsmen's Guild president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'