Adams and Reese increases pro bono hours
JACKSON — In 2010, Adams and Reese performed a total of 6,300 pro bono hours for more than 100 different pro bono project organizations and causes throughout the nation. The 2010 total was an 18 percent increase from the 5,314 pro bono hours in 2009.
The recent pro bono output has catapulted Adams and Reese to the national spotlight, with the firm ranking No. 123 in the [ITAL]American Lawyer[ITAL] rankings of the top 200 pro bono firms in the country.
The firm’s Jackson office donated 630 pro bono hours in 2010 and received a pro bono award for its work with the Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project. Attorneys worked with the project to provide pro bono civil legal services to benefit low-income people in Mississippi. MVLP identifies areas of legal need, develops projects to meet these needs, and recruits volunteer lawyers and law firms to provide the needed legal services. As a result, more than 8,000 low-income citizens are assisted by the project annually.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Adams and Reese increases pro bono hours”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation