Adams and Reese increases pro bono hours
JACKSON — In 2010, Adams and Reese performed a total of 6,300 pro bono hours for more than 100 different pro bono project organizations and causes throughout the nation. The 2010 total was an 18 percent increase from the 5,314 pro bono hours in 2009.
The recent pro bono output has catapulted Adams and Reese to the national spotlight, with the firm ranking No. 123 in the [ITAL]American Lawyer[ITAL] rankings of the top 200 pro bono firms in the country.
The firm’s Jackson office donated 630 pro bono hours in 2010 and received a pro bono award for its work with the Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project. Attorneys worked with the project to provide pro bono civil legal services to benefit low-income people in Mississippi. MVLP identifies areas of legal need, develops projects to meet these needs, and recruits volunteer lawyers and law firms to provide the needed legal services. As a result, more than 8,000 low-income citizens are assisted by the project annually.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Adams and Reese increases pro bono hours”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university