Adams and Reese increases pro bono hours
JACKSON — In 2010, Adams and Reese performed a total of 6,300 pro bono hours for more than 100 different pro bono project organizations and causes throughout the nation. The 2010 total was an 18 percent increase from the 5,314 pro bono hours in 2009.
The recent pro bono output has catapulted Adams and Reese to the national spotlight, with the firm ranking No. 123 in the [ITAL]American Lawyer[ITAL] rankings of the top 200 pro bono firms in the country.
The firm’s Jackson office donated 630 pro bono hours in 2010 and received a pro bono award for its work with the Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project. Attorneys worked with the project to provide pro bono civil legal services to benefit low-income people in Mississippi. MVLP identifies areas of legal need, develops projects to meet these needs, and recruits volunteer lawyers and law firms to provide the needed legal services. As a result, more than 8,000 low-income citizens are assisted by the project annually.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Adams and Reese increases pro bono hours”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force