Northrop Grumman delivers destroyer to Navy
WLOX-TV reports that the USS Lawrence is an Aegis Guided Missile Destroyer, the 28th such ship in its class built in Mississippi. It was christened last April.
A crew of 300 sailors will man the ship, which is named after Navy Vice Admiral William P. Lawrence, a fighter pilot and Vietnam prisoner of war.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur