Northrop Grumman delivers destroyer to Navy
WLOX-TV reports that the USS Lawrence is an Aegis Guided Missile Destroyer, the 28th such ship in its class built in Mississippi. It was christened last April.
A crew of 300 sailors will man the ship, which is named after Navy Vice Admiral William P. Lawrence, a fighter pilot and Vietnam prisoner of war.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion