Northrop Grumman delivers destroyer to Navy
WLOX-TV reports that the USS Lawrence is an Aegis Guided Missile Destroyer, the 28th such ship in its class built in Mississippi. It was christened last April.
A crew of 300 sailors will man the ship, which is named after Navy Vice Admiral William P. Lawrence, a fighter pilot and Vietnam prisoner of war.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast