Northrop Grumman delivers destroyer to Navy
WLOX-TV reports that the USS Lawrence is an Aegis Guided Missile Destroyer, the 28th such ship in its class built in Mississippi. It was christened last April.
A crew of 300 sailors will man the ship, which is named after Navy Vice Admiral William P. Lawrence, a fighter pilot and Vietnam prisoner of war.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90