Business Woman of the Year announced
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 24,2011
Rosi Johnson, chief executive officer of Mississippi Music and the Mississippi Music Acceptance Corporation, was named the Mississippi Business Journal’s Business Woman of the Year 2011, today at a luncheon at the Jackson Hilton.
More than 450 people attended. Johnson was chosen from among her peers in the 2010 Class of 50 Leading Business Women.
Prior to being named CEO of Mississippi Music in 2002, Johnson served as the company’s chief financial officer for two decades. Although she holds a degree in accounting, Johnson possesses a vast knowledge of musical instruments, from the largest grand piano to the tiniest flute.
Johnson has committed the company to advances in technology and changed its computer software system. A great believer in music education, Johnson’s mission with Mississippi Music is to create lasting partnerships and life-long music makers. Additionally, the University of Mississippi graduate’s warm, engaging and direct management style has created a happy and friendly environment for employees and customers alike.
Johnson gives the credit for her ‘can-do’ attitude to in-laws, James W. and Mac Johnson, who founded Mississippi Music in 1946, and her parents, the late Ben Kling and Ella Mae Kling. Rosi Johnson’s hard work and dedication to the company has placed one of Mississippi’s oldest and most iconic companies as among the most successful and long-lived music stores in the nation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics