Chiropractor gets two years’ house arrest for fraud
Published: February 24,2011
The state Attorney General’s Office says 63-year-old Dr. James Donovan, owner of the Donovan Chiropractic Clinic, was sentenced Tuesday to three years with one year suspended and two to serve on house arrest in a plea agreement.
Lowndes County Circuit Judge Jim Kitchens also ordered Donovan to pay restitution of $3,555 to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Mississippi insurance company.
Donovan was arrested last May on charges of making false or fraudulent claims on the insurance policies of four patients between Jan. 1, 2007, and March 23, 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
5 Responses to “Chiropractor gets two years’ house arrest for fraud”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation