Chiropractor gets two years’ house arrest for fraud
Published: February 24,2011
The state Attorney General’s Office says 63-year-old Dr. James Donovan, owner of the Donovan Chiropractic Clinic, was sentenced Tuesday to three years with one year suspended and two to serve on house arrest in a plea agreement.
Lowndes County Circuit Judge Jim Kitchens also ordered Donovan to pay restitution of $3,555 to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Mississippi insurance company.
Donovan was arrested last May on charges of making false or fraudulent claims on the insurance policies of four patients between Jan. 1, 2007, and March 23, 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
5 Responses to “Chiropractor gets two years’ house arrest for fraud”
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love