Chiropractor gets two years’ house arrest for fraud
by Associated Press
Published: February 24,2011
The state Attorney General’s Office says 63-year-old Dr. James Donovan, owner of the Donovan Chiropractic Clinic, was sentenced Tuesday to three years with one year suspended and two to serve on house arrest in a plea agreement.
Lowndes County Circuit Judge Jim Kitchens also ordered Donovan to pay restitution of $3,555 to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Mississippi insurance company.
Donovan was arrested last May on charges of making false or fraudulent claims on the insurance policies of four patients between Jan. 1, 2007, and March 23, 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
5 Responses to “Chiropractor gets two years’ house arrest for fraud”
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Gaming Commission gives nod to Coast city's first casino
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- Aldermen review adult business ordinance, call public hearing
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn