Chiropractor gets two years’ house arrest for fraud
Published: February 24,2011
The state Attorney General’s Office says 63-year-old Dr. James Donovan, owner of the Donovan Chiropractic Clinic, was sentenced Tuesday to three years with one year suspended and two to serve on house arrest in a plea agreement.
Lowndes County Circuit Judge Jim Kitchens also ordered Donovan to pay restitution of $3,555 to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Mississippi insurance company.
Donovan was arrested last May on charges of making false or fraudulent claims on the insurance policies of four patients between Jan. 1, 2007, and March 23, 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
5 Responses to “Chiropractor gets two years’ house arrest for fraud”
Top Posts & Pages
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three