Chiropractor gets two years’ house arrest for fraud
Published: February 24,2011
The state Attorney General’s Office says 63-year-old Dr. James Donovan, owner of the Donovan Chiropractic Clinic, was sentenced Tuesday to three years with one year suspended and two to serve on house arrest in a plea agreement.
Lowndes County Circuit Judge Jim Kitchens also ordered Donovan to pay restitution of $3,555 to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Mississippi insurance company.
Donovan was arrested last May on charges of making false or fraudulent claims on the insurance policies of four patients between Jan. 1, 2007, and March 23, 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
5 Responses to “Chiropractor gets two years’ house arrest for fraud”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager