Economy Watch now offering online economic analyses
Published: February 24,2011
STARKVILLE — A new interactive tool available through Mississippi State University’s Economy Watch is giving students, business owners, economic developers and others easy access to a variety of economic analyses.
Available at mississippi.reaproject.org, the Mississippi Regional Economic Analysis Project provides users the opportunity to, among other things, assess changing economic conditions in a specific county or region, make comparisons between Mississippi, other states or the nation as a whole and examine trends.
BankPlus and Entergy are corporate sponsors.
The online service provides a range of reporting options related to per capita income, population, total personal income, employment, total industry earnings and average earnings per job. The system uses annual data compiled by the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Economic Analysis.
A few of the MS-REAP tools include: comparative trend analysis; comparative economic indicators; major components of income; shift-share analysis; industry structure and performance; income structure and growth; leading, slipping, gaining and lagging analysis; selected economic indicators, personal income by major source; full- and part-time employment; transfer payments; and, BEA’s regional facts.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- OUR VIEW: JRA evolving toward transparency? Maybe, maybe not