Economy Watch now offering online economic analyses
by Wally Northway
Published: February 24,2011
STARKVILLE — A new interactive tool available through Mississippi State University’s Economy Watch is giving students, business owners, economic developers and others easy access to a variety of economic analyses.
Available at mississippi.reaproject.org, the Mississippi Regional Economic Analysis Project provides users the opportunity to, among other things, assess changing economic conditions in a specific county or region, make comparisons between Mississippi, other states or the nation as a whole and examine trends.
BankPlus and Entergy are corporate sponsors.
The online service provides a range of reporting options related to per capita income, population, total personal income, employment, total industry earnings and average earnings per job. The system uses annual data compiled by the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Economic Analysis.
A few of the MS-REAP tools include: comparative trend analysis; comparative economic indicators; major components of income; shift-share analysis; industry structure and performance; income structure and growth; leading, slipping, gaining and lagging analysis; selected economic indicators, personal income by major source; full- and part-time employment; transfer payments; and, BEA’s regional facts.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- State of Louisiana mulling plan for Amtrak route
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Anderson to turn 22 the day he's sworn into Legislature
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- Report: MSU fostering economic growth, partnerships
- Bryant wants to give hospitals funds to offset health care reform
- Schools appealing audit; superintendent calls it 'witch hunt'
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges