Hosemann to seek another term as secretary of state
JACKSON — Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann announced his plans to seek reelection as secretary of state in 2011 with a multi-city statewide tour.
“I promised when you hired me four years ago, I would work hard to make Mississippi a better place,” says Secretary Hosemann. “There is still more work to be done. “
With a background in business, Hosemann has made creating jobs and promoting economic development around the State his top priorities for the next four years.
“I believe we need to run our state like we run our households,” says Hosemann. “When times get tight, we tighten our belts. I was the only state agency to repeatedly request a decrease in my state budget.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015