Reddy earns award for cotton research
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 27,2011
A Mississippi State University plant physiologist was honored for significantly contributing to the understanding of cotton physiology, growth and development. K. Raja Reddy, professor in MSU’s Department of Plant and Soil Sciences, received the 2010 Outstanding Research Award in Cotton Physiology at the 2011 Beltwide Cotton Physiology Conference in Atlanta in January.
Mike Collins, director of the Division of Plant Sciences at the University of Missouri, nominated Reddy for the award.
Reddy’s nominators praised his contributions to cotton physiology, particularly in abiotic stress responses and cotton modeling.
A 23-year veteran at MSU, Reddy has authored or co-authored more than 150 publications, including 106 refereed journals and 28 book chapters.
Reddy earned his bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees from Sri Venkateswara University in Tirupati, India. He is the recipient of several awards including the Mississippi Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station Outstanding Worker Award and the American Society of Agronomy Award of Excellence. He is a fellow of the Crop Science Society of America.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion