Saunders, Sparks promoted by Court
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 27,2011
The Mississippi Supreme Court has promoted Hubbard T. Saunders IV of Jackson to Supreme Court administrator and counsel and named longtime staff attorney Greg Sparks of Madison as director of the Central Legal Staff. Saunders will replace Jack E. Pool of Jackson, who will retire March 15. Sparks will take the Central Legal director position, which Saunders previously held.
Pool has been a practicing attorney for more than 50 years. He has served as Supreme Court administrator and counsel since Nov. 2005. He previously served as director of the Central Legal Staff from 1994-2005. His work for the Court earned him the Chief Justice Award in 2003 and again in 2005. Pool, a native of Natchez, previously worked in the oil business and had a private law practice in Natchez. He earned his law degree from the University of Mississippi School of Law.
Saunders, who has practiced law for 35 years, became Central Legal Staff director and deputy court administrator in Nov. 2005. He previously served as editor of opinions for the Supreme Court for almost seven years. He served as a special assistant attorney general from 1977-1981, working in the federal litigation division of the Attorney General’s Office. He worked in private practice from 1976-1977 and again from 1981-1998. Saunders earned his law degree from the University of Mississippi School of Law.
Sparks has practiced law for 22 years. He joined the Central Legal Staff in 1993, and became assistant director of Central Legal in 1998. He served as a law clerk for then-Justice Edwin Lloyd Pittman from 1988-1991. He worked in private law practice for a year before joining the Central Legal staff. He earned a law degree from the University of Mississippi School of Law.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders