Dining Out Spotlight: Fillin Station Grille, Southaven
by Laura Smith
Published: February 27,2011
Fillin Station Grille the fourth venture for RCM
Four years after opening its first DeSoto County venture, Memphis-based River City Management Group has opened its fourth restaurant in the Northwest Mississippi County.
Fillin Station Grille, which serves up “burgers, blues and beer,” opened in Oct. 2010.
Memphis restaurateur Preston Lamm owns the management group and has operated properties on Beale Street since the mid-1980s. He said the decision to branch into DeSoto County was made after being approached by local businessmen searching for a fine dining establishment.
In the summer of 2007, the Mesquite Chophouse opened, and the other restaurants quickly followed.
“We like DeSoto County,” Lamm said. “A lot of people are moving there, and Southaven’s now the third largest city in Mississippi.”
The Fillin Station Grille, adjacent to the Southern Thunder Harley Davidson dealership in Southaven, has been in the works for several years, Lamm said.
Lamm said the menu draws from two of River City Management Group’s Beale Street restaurants, King’s Palace Café and Rum Boogie Café.
“We have red beans and rice, our championship-winning gumbo and meat and vegetable plates that have been successful on Beale,” he said. “It’s good home cooking and reasonably priced.”
The restaurant caters to families, but also boasts a lively night scene on its rooftop patio.
Live blues music is featured each Sunday night; Wednesday is bike night; and karaoke is on Mondays. Friday and Saturday feature cover and local bands. The grille is also a hot spot for special events such as the Mumbo Gumbo Cookoff March 6 and Mardi Gras activities that include crawfish and shrimp boils, beer specials, and live music.
4840 Venture Drive, Southaven, MS 38637
11 a.m. to 2 a.m., seven days a week
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit