Dining Out Spotlight: Fillin Station Grille, Southaven
by Laura Smith
Published: February 27,2011
Fillin Station Grille the fourth venture for RCM
Four years after opening its first DeSoto County venture, Memphis-based River City Management Group has opened its fourth restaurant in the Northwest Mississippi County.
Fillin Station Grille, which serves up “burgers, blues and beer,” opened in Oct. 2010.
Memphis restaurateur Preston Lamm owns the management group and has operated properties on Beale Street since the mid-1980s. He said the decision to branch into DeSoto County was made after being approached by local businessmen searching for a fine dining establishment.
In the summer of 2007, the Mesquite Chophouse opened, and the other restaurants quickly followed.
“We like DeSoto County,” Lamm said. “A lot of people are moving there, and Southaven’s now the third largest city in Mississippi.”
The Fillin Station Grille, adjacent to the Southern Thunder Harley Davidson dealership in Southaven, has been in the works for several years, Lamm said.
Lamm said the menu draws from two of River City Management Group’s Beale Street restaurants, King’s Palace Café and Rum Boogie Café.
“We have red beans and rice, our championship-winning gumbo and meat and vegetable plates that have been successful on Beale,” he said. “It’s good home cooking and reasonably priced.”
The restaurant caters to families, but also boasts a lively night scene on its rooftop patio.
Live blues music is featured each Sunday night; Wednesday is bike night; and karaoke is on Mondays. Friday and Saturday feature cover and local bands. The grille is also a hot spot for special events such as the Mumbo Gumbo Cookoff March 6 and Mardi Gras activities that include crawfish and shrimp boils, beer specials, and live music.
4840 Venture Drive, Southaven, MS 38637
11 a.m. to 2 a.m., seven days a week
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Chancery judge delays JRA bond approval for Jackson's Westin hotel
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions