Two CDEs awarded New Market Tax Credits
Published: February 27,2011
MADISON and JACKSON — U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) is welcoming New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) program allocation awards that will allow two Mississippi organizations to leverage $81 million in tax credit authority into greater private-sector investment for economic and community development in low-income areas of the state.
The U.S. Treasury Department Feb. 24 announced 2010 NMTC allocations of $53 million to SECDE Ventures, LLC, in Madison and $28 million for MuniStrategies, LLC, in Jackson. These tax credit allocations, part of $3.5 billion announced nationwide, are provided through the Treasury Department’s Community Development Financial Institutions Fund (CDFI Fund).
SECED Ventures will focus on “equity and debt product offerings to high-impact, job-creating developments, such as manufacturing, healthcare facilities and major commercial developments that demonstrate the ability to generate sustainable long-term employments,” according to CDFI Fund.
MuniStrategies will use its allocation to offer “below-market rate, subordinated capital with much longer amortization periods to operating businesses, rural ‘green’ renewable energy companies, and mixed-use facilities in low-income communities throughout Mississippi.”
This allocations awarded by the CDFI Fund to CDEs in Mississippi since the program was created through the Community Renewal Tax Relief Act of 2000. As of Dec. 2009, 15 different CDEs have invested $276 million in 60 projects in 23 different Mississippi communities.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Two CDEs awarded New Market Tax Credits”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager