UMMC chopper crew celebrates milestone
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 27,2011
AirCare, University of Mississippi Medical Center’s helicopter transport service, turned 15 this month.
In 15 years, the AirCare crew has flown more than 1.7 million miles and transported more than 13,000 patients with a perfect safety record. The first AirCare helicopter made its maiden flight Feb. 2, 1996.
Four members of the original AirCare crew are still on the job. They are part of a crew that includes 11 RNs, 12 paramedics, eight pilots and four mechanics. One helicopter (the newest) is based in Jackson; a second, based in Meridian, was added in 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk