UMMC chopper crew celebrates milestone
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 27,2011
AirCare, University of Mississippi Medical Center’s helicopter transport service, turned 15 this month.
In 15 years, the AirCare crew has flown more than 1.7 million miles and transported more than 13,000 patients with a perfect safety record. The first AirCare helicopter made its maiden flight Feb. 2, 1996.
Four members of the original AirCare crew are still on the job. They are part of a crew that includes 11 RNs, 12 paramedics, eight pilots and four mechanics. One helicopter (the newest) is based in Jackson; a second, based in Meridian, was added in 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- USM staffers Olivia Hurst and Catherine Lott recognized by Public Relations Association of Mississippi