New comparative healthcare publication available
Published: February 28,2011
“Monitoring Mississippi 2011: Assessing Our Health Workforce” is published by the Northeast Mississippi Area Health Education Center’s research arm, the Mississippi Center for Health Workforce. (For online orders, visit nemsahec.msstate.edu/book.php.)
The health workforce center is located at the university’s nationally recognized Social Science Research Center.
Health workforce center director Lynne Cossman, an MSU sociology professor, said the annual assessment compares data of different counties in such categories as physician-patient ratios, population demographics, insurance rates and admissions to hospitals, among other areas.
Cossman described the publication as a reference guide for healthcare planners, providers and others associated with this field in the Magnolia State. This is the second consecutive year the center has compiled the information for publication, she added.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law